Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Bluest Skies


The skies in Pukatja are amazing, for three days (I think it's been three days) I haven't seen a cloud in the sky. This photo is SOC, no edits needed at all.


"I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes."
 ~e.e. cummings

12 comments:

  1. Great to hear from you, how is everything going with your studies of human nature and social problems?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horst, this is going as expected, it's going to take some time to develop relationships within the community but the door is slowly opening and I've been here only one week thus far. My other studies are also beginning, I've done a lot of reading, now to put together a few essays, do a few interviews and that's a wrap... if only it were that easy! lol There's not much here to distract me, once it's dark it's too dark to go out anywhere and where would I go even if I wanted to go out? This is a good thing, the actual work will get done.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  2. Blue skies indicate very little moisture in the atmosphere which is true for where you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red you're such a wealth of information! Thank you, I'm learning a lot from being here and from your comments. I could send you the photos and you could do the postings, you could add the info! lol Cheers... have a wonderful Sunday!

      Delete
  3. Wow you weren't kidding, those are a DEEP blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shayne I've never seen skies this rich, mind you I've never been in the middle of nowhere before neither! lol

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Ola I've seen some pretty amazing things and my journey here is just basically begun! Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  5. That's one thing I loved about Australia, you could go days or weeks with weather like this!! It would get to a point where we'd be excited to see rain! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saz that's exactly how I feel right about now... bring on the rain but I have this funny feeling that won't happen for a while unfortunately, especially being in the semi-arid desert. Only 4 1/2 weeks to go! lol

      Cheers.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Wong I'm in the APY Lands of Australia, the lands which were turned back over to the Anangu peoples in 1985. This is a very large area, or so it appears, I haven't covered even half of the lands and yesterday we toured throughout and near these amazing lands.

      Delete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.