Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Desert Flowers and Berries


I've been collecting photos of different flowers I come upon, berries as well. I have no idea what any of these are called and due to my limited internet I'm not spending the time looking for the names. I'll number the shots and if anyone recognized any of these please let me know what they're called. Thank you.
# 1

# 2


# 3


# 4


 # 5


I'm surprised to see so much color in the desert, apparently it gets much more colorful... I hope to see this before I leave.

32 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That it does Wong and it's beautiful to see these gems popping up in amongst the sand and rock!

      Delete
  2. The desert is a fascinating place...full of wildlife and plants...your photos are so colorful and varied!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Theanne, I'm attempting to keep my interest here and not dream of the future, after all the here and now is what really makes a difference in life.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  3. They are so beautiful, but i don't know the names:(
    Very nice photos!
    Many greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you magda, no worries, it's the beauty which enriches my soul, not the names. :-)

      Delete
  4. I love these delicate little flowers. Nice job.

    To answer your question from your comment on my blog, no it's not a new program, I use Photoshop CS4 and have just been doing a lot of experimenting with textures. If you think you might be interested in this kind of work check out Kim Klassan's Blog. She's a master at using and teaching about textures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Scott, I'll check out the link. Have a fantastic weekend and I hope to see you for Sunset Sunday. Cheers.

      Delete
  5. What lovely shots! (:

    #3 is daisies. (: I love daisies!
    And me and mum both think #4 is buttercups.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlene, I am so glad you are having such an amazing time. I love the desert - it is inspiring and so soul-enriching.
    Thanks for sharing such wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beverly this is an interesting placement to say the least, have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  7. Amazing how much beauty there is around us - no matter WHER we are!!

    Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda if we look deep or far enough we can always find beauty... that's my philosophy in life. Cheers.

      Delete
  8. Darlin, I also hope you're finding romance in the wastelands of Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LL I did find romance, there's this adorable koala I fell in love with! ;-)

      Delete
  9. Interesting that you can see what family they are in even if you can't identify them . Yes deserts can be very beautiful with blooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red it is interesting, there's a few I'd put into different family groups but don't want to post without knowing for certain. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  10. the first one looks like juicy raspberry candies....mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce now that you say that I'm going to have to taste one of them! lol I know exactly what type of candy you're thinking about, haven't seen them for years mind you but they sure were delicious! Cheers.

      Delete
  11. Do you miss the snowbound Canadian landscape?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LL I don't miss the snow, what I do miss is my beautiful granddaughter, my family, my dog, my car and my home. I know when I return that I will have a new appreciation for all of the above. 4 1/2 months is a bit too long for me to be away; IF there's a next time I'll take off a month or so. I had no idea where my placement would be though so I thought that I'd be doing a maximum of 7 1/2 hour days, not so doing what I am, I'm logging in 10 hour days so I'll be done well before I thought I'd be done. I'll get to be a tourist for a while again... it's a tough life LL. ;-) Cheers. Have a fantastic weekend!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. I LOVE how you're new house is coming along, it's looking good and like it might even be ready sooner if the crew sticks to working on one house at a time.... how exciting, wish I could be there to help you settle in or get moved! And thank you, tty in a few hours hopefully.

      Delete
  13. So beautiful, who cares what they're really called sometimes...it's just so much fun to see them! I have things beginning to bloom around here even...my "Chicks and Hens" or whatever they are called are already growing strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen that's fantastic the chicks are already growing! Fresh eggs in no time at all. And you're right, the names don't really matter... I love the beauty which surrounds me! Not only here but everywhere I go, sometimes I have to look for it or change my perspective, but we are all surrounded by beauty. Cheers.

      Delete
  14. AAAARRGGHH! I'm ashamed to say I don't know what they all are - but I CAN say don't eat ANYTHING without getting the OK from someone who knows!!

    I THINK #1 is a native cranberry, and #2 is a peppercorn tree?? #5 may be a potato creeper (some sort of solanum). That's my best guess!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Red I'm not eating a single berry, I'll stick to things I know. Thanks for the ideas what some of these might be. One day when I have more time on my hands I'll look them up and then change the titles, instead of just numbering them.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the Berries. Beautiful . All the photos are beautiful. Your going to have a wonderful book when you get home.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lisa I believe I will, and I'll start a new chapter as well. Isn't life amazing? :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.