Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Sunday, March 4, 2012

On The Road Again


We finally made it out of Alice Springs on Sunday, I got on the Greyhound and my colleague got in with a few others who were traveling out this way. The 4x4 was almost overflowing full with the others gear and ours as well. 

We all met up at this old roadhouse in Kulgara; these old roadhouses are so full of character. 


The fella who is putting us up came to meet us, we still had a few hours drive in front of us...the roads were interesting to say the least. 


Darn near needed a boat to get through in some places, but this 4x4 (aka troupie) got us through just fine.


What lies in front of me,  I have no idea, what lies behind me is history... so I'll wait and see what happens next. I have this funny feeling that I will learn the world of patience out here... maybe. :-)

With this limited internet I'm not going to be able to visit your blogs as often as I'd like to but I'll still try to pop in and say hello from time to time and I'll try to keep up to my posts as well.  Cheers.

16 comments:

  1. It looks like fun with or without a boat...the town Alice Springs is something I should know...just can't wrap my morning brain around it...at the moment...maybe during work today it will come to me! Enjoy !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen funny you should mention that, I was thinking the same thing. Is there maybe an Alice Springs in the States or was there some type of a show on TV maybe?? Let me know what you come up with please. Cheers.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an amazing adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That it is Shayne, wait til I tell you the stories! lol

      Delete
  3. Looks like so much fun!

    Don't worry if you can't get to blogs! Just enjoy yourself out there. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saz I hope to get busy real quick here, I have to sort out what there is to do first, then get after it and just do it. I must be here for a reason, the reason just hasn't presented itself quite yet. Cheers.

      Delete
  4. You will definitely learn patience. You already have by waiting for the road for a few unexpected days. I think this road might be very dusty if it was dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red it's still dusty even without being completely dry. There's red dust flying all over the place when we travel anywhere, it gets in my clothes, my hair and under my nails I'm sure. I feel like I have a red film covering me... other than that all is well in my world! lol Cheers.

      Delete
  5. The colour of those roads is such a memory aid!
    I can feel a trip to the centre coming on!

    Cheers - Stewart M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stewart if you're heading up this way let me know k? I might have to hitch a ride out of here! lol cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great adventure! Sounds like you're havin' fun. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Clint, this is interesting to say the least. Today (Saturday) I'm taking a down day and doing some homework finally. It's time to get some serious work done and then get out and play some more! :-) Never a dull moment unless we choose to make them dull eh? Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  8. I finally found time to catch up on your blog and read about all your amazing adventures. What memories you are making. I know this time I have spent in New Zealand will be a high point in my life. (P.S. Thanks for keeping track of me while even though I don't have time to comment as much as I'd like.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen no worries, is the internet as slow there and as expensive as it is in Australia? I just paid $150 for 8GB of data, that's crazy, but being connected is a part of my survival strategy while I'm here. :-) Have a wonderful weekend and I'm so glad to hear that you're having such a memorable experience, 18 months is a super long time away from home but the appreciation for home will totally be enhanced I'm thinking... and I'm only away for 4 1/2 months.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wong I now understand why most people who work out here have the 4x4s, it's a must to be able to travel from the city to work out on the lands... especially after it rains.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.