Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Rain and More Rain


It rained...

and rained...

and rained...


All the rain caused flooding, which caused the roads to Pukatja to be closed so we waited it out. We met some fantastic, hospitable people and settled in for the stay. A natural disaster can't be avoided, so we might as well make the best of it.

10 comments:

  1. We heard about all the flooding in New South Wales and around Victoria, in the news for the last few days. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Horst, we were only held up for about 4 days so no worries here.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I've heard about the flooding from my cousin who lives out there! Sounds like a complete nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saz a person just has to learn patience, we were only held up for a while, oh well, we got to see Alice Springs! Cheers.

      Delete
  3. With the hard surface there's not much room for water to soak in the soil. It just runs off. Looks really wet though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red and the riverbeds aren't at all deep, so a good downpour and the water needs someplace to go. Out on the lands the roads are all sand, we both know what happens then... well I've learned what happens now.

      Delete
  4. Rain? I thought you were in the desert! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And right about now I wish it would rain like that again! lol

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Wong out in the desert I guess this happens a few times a year, they expect it to show up, they just never know when.

      Delete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.