I missed my blog yesterday, it was a busy day for me. I was up at 5am to go
and help with a catering job with my old boss who is now a dear friend.
We fed about 85 people a full Christmas lunch; turkey, ham, potatoes,
veggies, two salads, all the fixin's as well as desert. The meal turned
out wonderful, nobody left hungry and there were tons of compliments
from those we fed.
and help with a catering job with my old boss who is now a dear friend.
We fed about 85 people a full Christmas lunch; turkey, ham, potatoes,
veggies, two salads, all the fixin's as well as desert. The meal turned
out wonderful, nobody left hungry and there were tons of compliments
from those we fed.
After the job was all said and done I visited for a bit, then went to an
info session at my university; they were offering information on the
Masters program and I'm definitely interested. Why not? I've come this
far, I might as well take this education to the next level if all goes well.
info session at my university; they were offering information on the
Masters program and I'm definitely interested. Why not? I've come this
far, I might as well take this education to the next level if all goes well.
After the info session I went to the hospital to visit with Austin.
Here's the latest update on Awesome Austin which was posted by my
niece on the Prayers for Austin site on facebook ...
"
This is Austin finally getting a bit of sleep last night, his sleeps have
been restless and he wakes up often...
It was a busy day for me as I mentioned, but it was a productive day.
To watch Austin sleep and to visit with my niece and her husband was
the perfect way to end my busy day. Thank you to those of you who
continue to pray and/or send positive thoughts to our little Iron Man,
he truly is a remarkable young man.


Oh what a most dear sweet little boy. He will be such the strong young man one day for all this that he has gone through at such an early age! I pray he'll be up and at it and enjoy the life he truly deserves! Hugs and kisses for Austin!
ReplyDeleteThank you Karen, he sure is going through a lot and I only wish I could do more, but at least I can offer my love, pray for him and take him whatever he wants when I can, that's an Auntie's job in my opinion.
DeleteHave a wonderful weekend!
I feel for Austin trying to sleep under those conditions. I know kids sleep like logs but for a little kid who doesn't feel well to have all the stuff hooked up, lights on and people coming in all the time it must be difficult to sleep.
ReplyDeleteI am treated at some of the places I volunteer with a super catered dinner.
Red it is difficult for Austin to sleep, last night when I went in to visit my niece Austin was nodding off and I was elated that he fell asleep about 15 minutes after I had arrived. He slept the rest of my visit and I hope he managed to get in a few solid hours of rest, heaven only knows how badly his little body needs rest.
DeleteThat's fantastic you get a catered dinner, I hope you enjoy it!
Hi there, prayers for sweet Austin, love his little heart. Greetings from Northern Ontario. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
ReplyDeletehttp://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/