Austin is doing amazingly well, he was moved out of ICU last night to
the children's ward. Today when I was in for a visit he was sitting up
and eating. This is truly a miracle, 6 short days after major surgery on
his heart he's doing so well.
the children's ward. Today when I was in for a visit he was sitting up
and eating. This is truly a miracle, 6 short days after major surgery on
his heart he's doing so well.
There's a site on facebook called Prayers for Austin, I got to thinking that
it would be nice if he could see where all the people are from who
are praying for him so I went out and purchased a world map and
I mapped it all out for him with happy heart stickers.
it would be nice if he could see where all the people are from who
are praying for him so I went out and purchased a world map and
I mapped it all out for him with happy heart stickers.
There's people the world over praying and sending words of love, encouragement
and support and it is immensely appreciated.
and support and it is immensely appreciated.
Austin was a tired young man today, he didn't sleep much last night,
his Mom said about 2 hours, and he was up all day today.
When I gave him his map and explained it to him he smiled
and whispered a thank you.
his Mom said about 2 hours, and he was up all day today.
When I gave him his map and explained it to him he smiled
and whispered a thank you.
I explained to Austin that I couldn't put a happy heart sticker
for everyone who is praying for him, if I did that the entire map
would be covered! The map now hangs on his wall in a place he chose;
he can see it when he wakes up first thing in the morning and it can
be the last thing he sees in the evening before he drifts off to sleep.
for everyone who is praying for him, if I did that the entire map
would be covered! The map now hangs on his wall in a place he chose;
he can see it when he wakes up first thing in the morning and it can
be the last thing he sees in the evening before he drifts off to sleep.
Thank you all for your prayers, support, and words of encouragement;
they are being heard and now seen by Awesome Austin! :-)
they are being heard and now seen by Awesome Austin! :-)


Great that Austin is recovering as well as he is. It is heart wrenching to see him in his hospital bed with all the stuff attached to him and to notice his hand is over the incision in his chest. So all the best to Austin and his fmily
ReplyDeleteRed thank you! What Austin still has attached is minor compared to what he had a few short days ago, there's been vast improvements and praise God for this! The doctors, nurses, as well as all of us, are amazed at how quickly Austin is recovering. Even when Austin leaves the hospital he's going to have to carry his pack, it's a battery pack which keeps the VAD working, functioning, from what my understanding is.
ReplyDeleteI've attached the link, or attempted to, if you'd like to see what I mean.
DeleteHave a wonderful weekend Red!
Love the map idea...how special for Austin to see where the people wishing him well are from. I'm going to look his page up on Facebook. Enjoyed your visit to my blog :)
ReplyDeletehi again...tried to find Austin's prayer page, there are quite a few Prayers for Austin pages on Facebook...none that I went to sounded quite like your Austin...is there a last name or a different name for this page? LMK thanks Theanne
ReplyDeleteHi Theanne, thank you and here's the link link to the facebook site for Austin
DeleteIt was nice to visit you again, have a wonderful day!
Glad to see Austin is doing so well. Thanks for the updates.
ReplyDeleteThank you Horst, what a blessing to see this huge improvement and in such a short period of time.
DeleteI hope you're having a wonderful weekend!
What a wonderful way !
ReplyDeleteWong it sure is! Thank you for your comments, I enjoy hearing from you Wong. Have a wonderful day!
DeleteGreat story about Awesome Austin ! What a brave young man ! Here's praying for a full and speedy recovery so that he can get back to doing all the things he loves to do, and even those things that we take for granted. When you're not able, even the 'mundane' things of life take on a new meaning.(sorry, I'm no longer on FB).
ReplyDeleteI'm also planning a photo book for my wife - was going to try for Christmas but am deferring to her birthday in Feb. But I did manage to get calendars and mugs done. [and I'm looking daily for a deal on a new camera - would really like a 5DIII but that's big $$$; will likely go for a 7D and likely after Christmas when I expect the price to drop].
Great shot of that 'Class of 2012' (your family, of course), but that snowy background ... brrrr (my daughters told me they got their first snowfall today - 15cm). We'll be heading back to that in about 3 weeks.
Hope you're having a wonderful weekend, Darlene.
Well hello stranger, where have you been? Our enjoying the sunshine by chance? lol I only wish! But I suppose I'm right where I'm supposed to be and I'm alright with this, hmmm maybe until the end of February, then I'll be chomping at the bit if I don't find something to keep myself busy.
DeleteIt truly is a miracle Rick to see our little Iron Man doing so well, today he was even up and took a few steps I noticed on his site. Praise God is all I can say. Austin will need a heart transplant, there's a wee tiny iota of a chance his heart may correct itself with the assistance of this device, and we're all praying this is the case, the poor little fella has been through so much already. One day at a time.
That's wonderful you're making a photo book for your wife, who are you ordering through out of curiosity? I'm going to go through Picaboo again, I'm getting a really good deal on the album I'm doing for Elyssa, yup birthday and not Christmas... where does our time slip away on us? I also picked up more work taking photos and putting together a slideshow, this one is a biggie, it's for an open house and the video is to be about half hour long. I know what I'm going to be up to next week! lol Please post photos of your calendars and mugs, after Christmas if you think someone from your family may check out your blog. I'd love to see what you've done.
Wow, a new camera, that's always fun! I think a 7D would be an amazing camera, sure the 5D is tempting, but wait til you win the lotto for that one! lol
Ya snow, oh joy! lol More shoveling but if I turn my perspective into a positive, something like I get to workout for free, then it's not quite as bad.
I hope to chat with you again before you head home for the holidays, if I miss you have a safe trip home.
The weekend... it sure is wonderful thank you, and I hope yours is equally as good, if not better than mine. ;-)
I'm glad to read that Austin is better. Best wishes!
ReplyDeleteA big hug from Italy
Erika
Erika thank you, Austin isn't 'better', but he's sure improved and doing much better. The healing is going to be a lengthy process and this young, brave, strong young man will need a heart transplant, he's on the waiting list.
DeleteHave a wonderful day, cheers.
And hugs sent back your way from coooold Canada! :-)
Aww bless him, so glad that he's recovering so well, it must be such a joy for him and his family to have so much support behind him. <3 Big hugs and love from England.
ReplyDelete