Today was one of the most relaxed days I've had in quite some time.
I did nothing much this morning, stayed in my housecoat and caught
up to most of my blogger friends, then this afternoon I went to
the steam room and for a massage. Tonight I went out for dinner
and now I'm about to call it a night as I want to
be well rested for my big day tomorrow.
I did nothing much this morning, stayed in my housecoat and caught
up to most of my blogger friends, then this afternoon I went to
the steam room and for a massage. Tonight I went out for dinner
and now I'm about to call it a night as I want to
be well rested for my big day tomorrow.
While I was relaxing this morning I went out to the patio and snapped a few shots...
To wake up to this is waking up to God by your side.
The mountains have this way of making me feel small, they humble me
and I become overwhelmed with gratitude for all I am blessed with.
"How Great Thou Art"
I have also been on a quest this past few days; this condo we've rented comes with
everything we needed to cook and eat in our suite if we so chose to
and we choose to dine in this past few evenings which was fantastic!
The quest I'm on is trying to find the pattern, or maker, of this flatware,
I absolutely love it! However, I haven't been able to find this online
so please if anyoneknows what this pattern is please share.
Rustic, yet elegant.




Wow, those are gorgeous mountains! Beautiful shots!
ReplyDeleteBrian the mountains are almost surreal, I love visiting here but made a mental note to do this in the summer time when I can get out hiking and be a real tourist, camera around my neck and all! :-)
DeleteThank you. Have a wonderful weekend!
Rustic- and homey like- what a wonderful trip! My daughter's birthday is on Saturday and they're going to spend a few days in Duluth, and my hubby and I are going to head up there too, and share a couple days with them. There won't be mountains like these, (so very lovely!) but there will be the hope of warmer weather, and ships coming to town, and Lake Superior in what ever mood it sees fit to be while we're there! But mostly, in times of these kinds of trips, like yours, just sharing moments with loved ones! It doesn't get any better than that!
ReplyDeleteKaren I hope you all have a fantastic time, happy birthday to your daughter and I'm looking forward to photos next week! And you're right, life doesn't get any better than time well wasted with loved ones! :-)
DeleteWow. :-) Humbling, as you say. I completely agree. The mountains have a way of reminding us that we are not, really, terribly important.
ReplyDeleteAnd that is a good thing.
Pearl
I agree Pam, it is such a good thing!
Deletethose ageless mountains that have been there long before we were and will be long after we're gone. Humbling isn't it? (Maybe ask the condo owners where they bought that flatware?)
ReplyDeleteUgggh I forgot to check, I'm going to try Sears because I think that it's a Home brand. Thanks.
DeleteYou never know, the flatware could be antique. Great photos of the mountains. Have fun on your short vacation to the mountains.
ReplyDeleteThanks Horst, it was an amazing trip with no other goal than to rest and spend quality time with my family, which I got to do both of!
DeleteTough to be up tight in scenery like that. Truly beautiful. And liberating.
ReplyDeleteLL it was amazing. There's nothing quite like waking up to mountains, the ocean is also stunning, but there's something in those mountains which is plain out breath-taking.
DeleteIt's a great time to be in the mountains when the first snow falls and you have the brilliant white of new snow.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day tomorrow.
Thanks Red, one day I'm going to attempt to ski in these mountains... it's probably a good idea to learn how to ski first though eh? :-)
DeleteSorry, couldn't get past the mountains to look at the flatware !
ReplyDeleteJust stunning, and makes me very nostalgic ...
Rick it's well worth the trip as you well know. I definitely have to get here in the summer sometime so I can go out and explore, with my camera naturally. The last trip was in April I believe, this time November, maybe sometime in July is in the cards next.
DeleteHave a fantastic week, back to the hospital with me this morning to see how our little Iron Man is doing.