Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Iron Man Update

Our little Iron Man underwent surgery today; the doctors did not want to delay it any longer for various reasons and scheduled Austin for 9am this morning, he was taken down to the OR at 9:30. The medical team led by one of the best (if not the best) surgeons in the world in VAD surgery  preformed the operation. 


The procedure took approximately 6 hours and it was a long six hours. Austin had a room full of family and friends waiting and when they brought him back to the ward, as hard as it was to see him like we did, we were all relieved to see him after his surgery.

 Austin is a remarkable young man, he's now on a heart transplant list, and what we need now for our little man is a miracle. There have been a few cases where people have not required the transplant after this type of surgery, sometimes the heart will correct itself. Sure it'll take a miracle, but I believe in miracles and I won't stop praying for our brave little Iron Man. 

I like what my youngest sister said, instead of Austin we're going to change his name to Awesome, cause he sure is! 


14 comments:

  1. Amazing what is done these days. He's gone through quite an ordeal. I hope the miracle happens for everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll pray for him. A big hug from Italy.
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Erika, when Austin wakes up I'll let him know that he was being prayed for in Italy, he's going to be so happy!

      Delete
  3. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bev, there's been a lot of improvement!

      Delete
  4. Wow, so he did have to go through surgery. I sure hope he pulls through well, and hope he finds a heart or better yet his own heart recovers and heals to like new. Were all pull for Austin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately Horst Austin did go through surgery but he's past the crucial first 24 hours, he's on the mend which is fantastic! And thank you.

      Delete
  5. I send you all my positive thinking for this "little man" Austin!!!
    Hugs from Greece
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monika, I appreciate it and Austin is going to be so happy when he's awake to hear that someone in Germany is sending positive energies this way.

      Delete
  6. Wow! I had no idea about this.. What have I missed out on?! So glad that the operation seems to have gone well, and I'm sure he'll make a quick and speedy recovery. My prayers are with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Saz, when Austin wakes up I'll let Austin know you were praying for him and he's going to be happy to hear this I'm sure!

      Delete
  7. Sending you love and prayers - hoping that all goes really well with his recovery and will be praying for that miracle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverly, there's progress and the doctors are pleased with how well Austin is doing, maybe the breathing tube can come out tomorrow... we're all hoping and praying on this end!

      Delete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.