Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Friday, November 16, 2012

Iron Man

Austin didn't have surgery yesterday, his mother (my niece) 
updated the facebook site and these are her words:  

"So we just finished rounds and got some very positive news. They aren't going to do surgery today because Austin's ascites looks better, lungs look better, perfusion better, kidney function better, liver function better - one of the residents said he is improving on multiple fronts. He will have an MRI today to look at the heart to see if doctors can tell if this is viral or structural. The doctor said this could be one of the rare cases that gets better on its own. He is still a sick little boy and is on lots of meds but he seems to be responding to them. Docs also cautioned us against getting too excited because we may still have to go down the transplant road. I am rejoicing about the good news for today though."

They did the MRI yesterday afternoon, now today they should have the results on this and take it from there. What I thought was so wonderful is the way the doctor explained to Austin that he might be like Iron Man with his new artificial heart if the surgery is needed. 

My youngest sister found a few Iron Man action toys as well as a few Iron Man videos, I found an Iron Man watch and Austin apparently LOVES them! How cool is that to think that you could be just like an action hero? 

As well as Austin is doing and holding up, he's my little hero!

 I'm not sure how old Austin is in this photo, 
I love this and 'borrowed' it off of my sisters site. 

Please keep the prayers alive and/or sending positive energies this way, 
we really could use a miracle for our little Iron Man.







14 comments:

  1. That's wonderful news! I'll keep praying for even more good news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam, Austin had to have surgery today, the good news is they were able to put in the VAD and he's now on a transplant list. The VAD is something else, you can google it if you're interested in learning about it... maybe I'll do a post on it tonight. I'm tired after a long day but I would like to update everyone.

      Delete
  2. Amazing what these little kids can do health wise. they get really sick in a hurry and sometimes they can get better in a hurry. Here's hoping for continued improvement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red we hoped, we prayed, and we did all we could humanly do but Austin went in for surgery today, it all went well thankfully.

      Delete
  3. All we can do is hope for the best for this little guy. I sure do hope this is viral and he will get better on his own. He sure looks cute in his Hockey outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horst Austin also loves his karate, he's such an amazing young man and I'll update Austins condition tonight.

      Delete
  4. I beg for him. Wish you a nice w.e.
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erika, it hasn't been a nice weekend, but Austin made it through surgery today which is a blessing.

      Delete
  5. It is so hard when children we love are sick. My cousin's baby girl had a heart transplant earlier this year. It was sad and happy. We were so relieved that she held on long enough to get the transplant, but of course, it meant that someone else lost a child. I hope they have comfort because she is now happy and completely healthy. So prayers for Austin and a complete recovery for him, too! Hopefully without the surgery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Galen I'm so happy that your cousin's baby girl is doing so well, yes someone had to die, but I look at this as the gift of life, the wee one who died did not die in vain... if this makes any sense. I know what I mean but tonight my mind isn't thinking straight. It's been a difficult day, Austin had his surgery and the VAD was put in so the next 24 hours are critical. I went in to see him post surgery and it was so hard to keep it together, I put on the bravest front I could as my heart broke when I seen this dear child. Thank God he made it through surgery, now it's more waiting, and he's on the transplant list. I'll update tonight before I crawl in. Thank you for your support and sharing with me.

      Delete
  6. I am late in hearing about Austin but am now joining the multitude of your friends and family in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Linda, Austin continues to heal and was moved from ICU to the children's ward sometime today. I'll be going to the hospital tomorrow for a visit!

      Delete
  7. Aww bless him. The doctors sound like they are really good with him, which is always a positive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saz the doctors are the best, the one specialist is actually the best in the world, we are so blessed to have him here in Edmonton!

      Delete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.