Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Lovin' the Mountains

Canmore is such a beautiful town, nestled in the majestic mountains,
 this is a glimpse down mainstreet...


Living here would be like living in a postcard! 

I found a big girls chair as well, too funny! 

 This is such a beautiful, relaxing way to spend time...
I love being with my children and granddaughter with our
biggest goal being to relax and enjoy ourselves, that which I sure am!



16 comments:

  1. Darlin,You look like a little kid in that chair. Fantastic, did it make you feel younger as well? Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horst when I sat back in this chair and my legs were straight being a kid came back to me, I felt just like a little kid again and I loved every second of it! We should all have one oversized chair like this in our place, it would help us with allowing our inner child to come out to play! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Your first photo is gorgeous! Love the mountains! I'm not sure who would normally sit in that chair and not sure I'd want to find out! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian, not bad at all I'd say for my camera phone. I left my DSLR back at the hotel as I was going out for a walk with my family, not out taking photos even though I snapped a few with my phone. :-) I wouldn't want to meet anyone who'd fit in this chair if they were a person with issues, but if they were a friendly giant then why not? lol

      Enjoy your week!

      Delete
  3. Hey, the big girl's chair with a little girl in it. My nephew is 6' 5" and when He sits in those chairs he looks small. Canmore is a great place to visit. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red your nephew is a big boy (man), I'd feel like a midget next to him, all 5' 1 1/4" of me! (When you're no! lol). I absolutely love the charm Canmore offers, the mountains are so beautiful and the people are friendly, what's there not to love about this place?

      Delete
  4. This little town reminds me a lot of those over in Europe. Beautiful and looks like real fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott I'd love to see the small towns in Europe, if they're anything like this place I'm sure I'd love them! It's really laid back here, I think next summer I'll take a trip out this way and do some hiking, soak in the hot springs, and do more outdoor type things. This has been the most relaxing trip I've ever taken and I'm loving every second of it!

      Delete
  5. Had to laugh at you in that chair, looking like something out of a fairy tale!! Looks like a great place to spend a long weekend, much like Silverstar Mountain in Vernon BC I think. Is it a ski village or just a town along the road?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce we're a hop, skip and a jump away from Banff so if I were to decide to take up skiing it wouldn't be far to go. I was just saying tonight that I'd like to try downhill skiing, that's something I've never tried.

      You should have heard my son laugh when I showed him the photo of me in the big chair, he was laughing so hard it made me crack right up!

      Delete
  6. Reminds me of when I lived in Aspen. But that chair! That reminded me of Lily Tomlin's skit on Laugh In. What was her name? I forgot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Galen wasn't it Lily Tomlin? That's what this reminds me of as well, too funny!

      Aspen must have been an amazing place to live, I've never been but from what I've seen in photos and movies it looks amazing!

      Delete
  7. Hi Darlene - well, I just spent a bunch of time here alternately grimacing (look at THAT snow !) and smiling (Elyssa) and then looking wistfully at those mountains (gorgeous shots !!!). What an awesome place Canmore is (I loved it so much, I took my management team there for several days back in the time I was working). Beautiful photos.

    Yup, playing catch up again.

    I've also been busy creating some Christmas gifts - mugs, calendars, and notebooks - I use Shutterfly, but there are a number of good companies out there. The mugs have arrived and I expect the calendars tomorrow. I've used this company for photo books too - will be creating one for my wife's birthday (shhhh).

    Looks like I got here just in time for one more congrats before your BIG day ... so ... CONGRATS - you totally deserve it. Enjoy and drink in every moment of it - I'm sure we're going to see some photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rick did your team fall in love with Canmore as well? I think that this place has a certain attitude about it...what come to mind is it's a place to come to and as you leave you think "Well that was time well wasted!" lol

      I'd love to see photos of some, or all, of your creations, please share some of it with us k? And no worries, I'm good at keeping secrets, I have an ethical code to adhere too as well, so unless it's something which will harm others, or yourself, I can't tell anyone! ;-)

      Thank you so much Rick for the congrats, for all of your inspiration, encouragement and for being so supportive this past few years. I appreciate your words and sharing immensely.

      Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  8. What an enchanting place indeed! Wow, your big girl chair is awesome! It looks like a really fun trip! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen it's amazing here, to wake up and see the mountains is such a beautiful way to start the day. Unfortunately we're leaving in the morning, off to Calgary for a few hours, then back home to Edmonton. This has been a beautiful weekend; family, mountains, and nothing but rest and relaxation.

      Have a wonderful week!

      Delete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.