Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Prayers for Austin

Austin is a sweet, precious, adorable young man, he's 8 years old and he is my great nephew. It is so sad, heartbreaking, that this young man has to go through open heart surgery today. Austin was a healthy young man, he enjoyed his karate immensely, he was active and in good health; until a few weeks ago. Life changed for Austin and his family, Austin became very ill, the doctors in the small town he is from couldn't figure out what was going on so they rushed him to the Stollery Children's hospital in Edmonton where there are some amazing specialists. 

Currently Austin has acute liver failure, his kidneys are shutting down and he's been in congestive heart failure for some time now. The specialists are going to do some life saving surgery today, it was to be tomorrow but they've bumped it up a day. It's complicated surgery, we are all praying that he doesn't go into cardiac arrest. 

Please keep this adorable young man in your prayers, if you're not a praying person, please send tons of positive energies his way. If you have a few minutes to spare please stop by this site on facebook to support the family with encouraging words. 

This was taken last Christmas, Austin loves mini anything and
my sister found him all of these minis.

What we need is a huge miracle on this end and I believe in miracles,
God has blessed and touched my life in so many ways
I can't even begin to express the gratitude I have for all
who were there for me, who prayed for me and for the
specialists at the same hospital Austin is in, they were a
huge part of saving my life 7 years ago. 

I'll get back to my regular blogging in time, for now I want to go and be with
my family in a time of need. The grad photos can wait, as can other posts, 
if time permits I'll update Austin's condition from time to time until
we're through this and Austin is on the road to recovery. 

18 comments:

  1. Such a sweet boy ... I shall be praying that he comes thru this most difficult time and that his family will soon have their lovely son back home and in good health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dianne, I'm praying for the same on this end and today he didn't have to endure the surgery as there was a bit of improvement, this by no means means he's home free, but here's to hoping!

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about Austin. My best wishes to him for full and speedy recovery. Rather shocking when little guys like that suddenly become ill. You're doing the right thing when you stick by his parents and family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Red, I appreciate your kind, thoughtful sentiments.

      Delete
  3. Needless to say that we are all hoping that Austin comes though the surgery with flying colors and fully recovers from this and has a long and healthy life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horst thank you, please see my response to Dianne above. Have a g'night.

      Delete
  4. I'll pray for him. Best wishes to Austin.
    A big hug
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Erika, we are all praying and hoping this turns around.

      Huge hugs sent your way as well.

      Delete
  5. May all go well for this darling little boy. Saying a special prayer just for him. Take good care all of you during this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, we're all sticking together during this trying time and doing the best we all know how to do, which is to be here for one another and love and support Austin, his Mommy and Daddy and the family. Today they postponed the surgery, his liver showed some signs of improvement, they did an MRI today and now it's the waiting for the results which will determine if/when he undergoes surgery.

      Delete
  6. Oh Darlene... I will be praying for him!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bev, the more prayer the better in my opinion. Today there were small signs of improvement, surgery is postponed and I sure hope, hope, hope this young fella won't have to undergo surgery but he's not out of the woods by no means.

      Delete
  7. Sending all my good wishes to him through you. Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyce, if you go back and read my responses to the comments you can get the jest of what has transpired, no surgery today, but this doesn't mean he's not going to need it, we're all hoping he can pull through this, time will tell.

      Delete
  8. So sorry to hear about this! My prayers are with Austin and your whole family. I hope he makes a very speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Saz, it's been a trying time for all of us, but thankfully Austin is doing much better now. He's been moved from ICU to the children's ward tonight. It's amazing how fast Austin is healing, he's on a heart transplant list, but for now he's stable and doing well.

      Cheers.

      Delete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.