Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Calm Before the Storm

Today was the last day of class for the year, however
this doesn't mean the work is finished. I have to turn in a 
15 page literature review by December 1st and not only
have I never written one of these before, I haven't even
started it yet. I was tired when I got home today so I've 
taken it easy. I thought I'd at least clean my desk and prepare
for the week that's ahead of me, I can see it being
full on busy for this next week so here it is, 
the calm before the storm! 


I'll start tomorrow, at least sort out how to write 
one of these, anybody out there with any suggestions? 
HELP! lol 

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Ola, I'm starting to freak out... sort of! lol

      Have yourself a wonderful week, once I'm done with this paper I'll come to visit you over on your site.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Tex, I just may need it! ;-)

      Have yourself a fantastic week!

      Delete
  3. The only literature review I've written was part of my senior thesis class in college--which was more than 30 years ago; I suspect they've changed the rules for them since then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy they change the formatting all the time, thankfully there's a program out which helps with that part of this. The actual review... now I really have to do some research to see what it entails. Now please remind me whose brilliant idea this was to carry on! lol

      Have a fantastic week!

      Delete
  4. Nothing like a little pressure to focus the mind. I can of no help on this one. I wish you well on it and I know you will do well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red and pressure it will be, I thrive under pressure though for some odd reason.. I'll get this done one way or another, sleep might be over rated for this next week but no biggie... it's not like I've never lost sleep over studies before. ;-)

      Have yourself a wonderful week Red, cheers.

      Delete
  5. Oh gosh, I lost my comment. Try again. Your desk looks so ready to rock for your creative process. So many ways to go on topics. Something you know, or completely enjoy, music, or a writer we all know and love and focus on a subject that's interesting to others as well. Perhaps one of cultures that you have posted here about, and we've always enjoyed. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen I believe, pretty sure, that I'm writing on incorporating spirituality into healing practices as there's such a lack of teachings in this area. I've got a ton of research pulled for this, but it has to come to me now, how to formulate this and make it dance. First things first though, I have to sort out what a lit review is all about, how to format it and all that jazz. 5 days, starting either tonight or tomorrow... no worries. Ooops 4 days, I have an appointment tomorrow. Oh oh lol

      Have yourself a wonderful week and I'll be by to visit you over on your blog soon... when I have some breathing space.

      Delete
    2. I'll ghost write some of it for you. What's the topic? If it's any literature at all that you have to review, you have a much easier task. I'm not sure what the Canadians would favor in terms of literature. I have a buddy there that reads "Penthouse" and there is a lot of literature in that publication. But he's in Calgary and you're in Edmonton and I don't know if they prefer mild or spicy in Edmonton...

      Delete
    3. LL I'm thinking the topic won't be hot nor spicy, but I'll take you up on this ghost writing in a heartbeat. I can review any peer reviewed literature and the topic is open. I'm thinking of writing on incorporating spirituality into healing practices, something there's not a whole lot written on but enough for a 15 citation review. The buddy who reads Penthouse... single by chance? lol We'll get me married off yet.. but he has to have a Harley and a good job or comfortably retired AND good looking AND a gentleman AND doesn't just want to sit at home and channel surf. Think I'm asking for too much? lol

      Delete
  6. Good luck! I hope that once you start writing, it just flows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is called procrastinating, I do it all the time. Good luck with the assignment. I can't remember how to do it so sorry can't help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Pam. Just start. The rest will come ;-)
    Lot of succes!

    All the best from the Netherlands,
    dzjiedzjee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can DO it!! You probably already HAVE! The dread of something is often worse than the DOING of it! AND you have that nice clean orderly desk! You GO, Girl!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.