Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

This Old Rolling Pin

I made my Christmas perogies today... well I'm almost done. I'm just taking a bit of a blog break after making about 15 dozen perogies. I made mostly cheddar and potato, I also made a few dozen with sauerkraut and bacon. 

While I was rolling out some of my dough I realized that I bought this marble rolling pin  in about 1986, that makes my rolling pin 23 years old, wow! I can't even imagine how many perogies this old rolling pin has rolled out, all I know is that it's been a lot! I make perogies for almost every special occasion which comes up, so ya I can't even fathom how many this would be! 

No wonder I'm tired now, I shouldn't have done the math! I guess that I'd best get the rest of these perogies made and in the deep freeze then clean up my kitchen, tomorrow it's cabbage rolls.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Darlene! What a nice kitchen thing you have! A marble rolling pin! Looks quite heavy. But then again it is easier to roll thinner dough pieces.
    By the way your dough looks very mouthwatering. Will you send me a recipe? Please, please... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rolling pin is quite heavy but it sure rolls out the dough nicely! I will send you the recipe that I use for sure, I hope you don't mind if I do this in the morning, I'm wiped tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, I'm really looking forward to them! That is pretty old I would have been only 7 when you got it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shayne, I got this when we still lived in Peace River. I can remember it like it was yesterday! The Army and Navy is where I found this, the amazing thing is that after all of these years the price has not changed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, 15 dozen must have taken a long time. I can't wait either!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was the better part of a day Sandy, that and sore shoulders! lol

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.