Even though winter is soon to set in here in Adelaide the flowers are still hanging in here, they're beautiful.
The fuchsias grow magnificently here on bushes, not like back home where they are in hanging baskets.
The hibiscus are also extremely beautiful. I love the droplets of water on the petals, it's the chilly rain we could have did without but as I mentioned, winter's on its way here.
And a beautiful way to end my day...
an hour long massage... 'cause I'm worth it! :-)



Beautiful shots, darlin. Even though I know it's winter down there when it's summer up here, it still catches me by surprise when I think about it!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, you do deserve that massage!
Cheryl I'm so messed up with seasons right now that it's going to take me quite some time to be back on track when I return to Canada... but now my dream is to spend a few of our winter months here in the Australian summer. I know dreams come true, I'm sure hoping this is one of mine which can come true! And the massage, my shoulders are thanking me for that this morning. :-) Have a wonderful day!
DeleteInteresting how plants we tend with care grow wild in some areas. Was in Hawaii in Dec. and was amazed to find potentilla growing in the ditch. Sorry I can't spell ...
ReplyDeleteRed it is amazing. How long were you in Hawaii for? What a fantastic month to go, if the weather cooperated in Hawaii that is. Cheers.
DeleteI meant to say poensetta in the last post instead of potentilla. I can't spell either one of them. I was in Maui for the touristy seven days. Also, when I went in the bush (jungle) I found impatience that were more than knee high. The flowers were much paler than the nursery ones we buy.
DeleteNo worries Red, I was reading between the lines, btw it's spelled poinsettia I believe. I've only ever heard of Maui and saw beautiful photos, some day I too may have the blessing of seeing the impatience growing wild... we never know from one day to the next what might transpire in this life of ours. Cheers. Have a wonderful weekend Red!
DeleteBut of course, we woman really do deserve a good massage! I almost forgot that you are really experiencing fall there right now, although their fall and winter are nothing like what we are used to right!
ReplyDeleteKaren when I first arrived here and heard that the locals here find it cold when it's about 10-15c I found this amusing. Now that I've been acclimatized to the beautiful summers here and I was in the desert for a month, 15 degrees is cold! I wonder now how it's going to be getting used to our summer and heaven forbid, our winter! All in good time, I'm in no rush to find out. ;-) Have a wonderful weekend!
Deleteeven with cold weather coming...beautiful flowers and a message...wonderful!
ReplyDeleteTheanne, I'm blessed to have all which I do in my life, it's a bit confusing weather wise, but it's all going to sort itself out when I'm back in Canada... I hope! lol Have a wonderful weekend!
DeleteIn my country there are these wonderful flowers. A big hug from Italy.
ReplyDeleteErika
Erika they're sure beautiful, you are blessed to be surrounded by such immense beauty! Hugs sent to you.
Delete