Today was yet another first for me, I went with some other students from the uni to learn how to surf...sort of.
The beach was amazing!
This is the three of us Canadians who all traveled here to Australia to do our final placements for our degree in social work... we know how to have fun! That would be me in the middle.
It was a fun way to spend the morning; even if I didn't get up on my board, I'd go back and do it all over again.
In looking back on my blog photos now that I'm back in Canada I'm wondering what the name of this place is, for some reason I'm thinking Victor Harbor. If anybody knows for certain please let me know. Thanks.



Lucky you!:)sounds like fun!
ReplyDeleteLife and travelling
Cooking
Ola it was a blast, maybe next time I'll try boogy-boarding, that way there's no standing involved, that takes skill and coordination, something I lack when in water I've learned! :-)
DeleteYou are an inspiration to us all, to get off our lazy butts and live life to the full. Congrats.
ReplyDeleteBeverly thankfully I've met some active people here, otherwise I just might be sitting on my butt... then again knowing me, maybe not! There's way too much to do and explore here, I'm having the time of my life! ... now to get a few papers written, oops. ;-)
Deletebut you tried, you tried...I'm so happy and proud for you!
ReplyDeleteTheanne at least I can say I tried, I didn't think that I was even going to get in the water, not until I knew for certain there were wet suits, the water's getting chilly now. I'm sure glad I tried though, it was fun!
DeleteOh yes, I can see you doing this. Thankfully for us, you'll get us some pictures too!
ReplyDeleteKaren I'll have to check the uni's site and see if they've got the group photos posted yet, thanks for the reminder! If you ever get the chance to do this, go for it, it's fun!
DeleteLUCKY YOU!!!
ReplyDeleteIt's funny--just the other day I saw a car driving down the street with two surfboards on top (which was weird because I live in the middle of the USA). It made me wonder, though, what it would be like to surf.
Kathy my suggestion is for you to find a beach and give it a shot, you just may learn you love it! I want to try the boogy-board when the opportunity presents itself, that's about half a surf board and your ride the waves without standing, now that sounds more my speed! lol
DeleteI'm glad you have fun. Wish you a nice Sunday.Kiss
ReplyDeleteErika
Erika thank you and I hope you have a fantastic week! Hugs from Australia!
DeleteThey'll never take away the try you made surfing. I can tell you'll try again and this time you'll get up.
ReplyDeleteRed I don't think this trip I'll be in the water again, it's starting to get pretty chilly now... definitely not without a wet suit on!
DeleteDarlin, What a wonderful 'fun' day, & what a lovely location, just love to visit the sea! Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.
ReplyDeleteThank you Shirleyanne, I seem to have fun no matter where I go and I've learned that I've got to try almost anything once, I don't want to have any regrets at the end of this journey. Have a great week!
DeleteSurfs up dude!
ReplyDelete