Today was both a rainy day and it's Monday, and wouldn't you just know it...the song came to my mind Rainy Days and Mondays by the Carpenters.
When I'm feeling blue it's time to brighten up my life, so here's to rainy days and Monday.
When you're feeling blue what do you do?

When I'm down I get one of my guitars and start escaping to my land of music---mostly folk and country and gospel. Just me and my friend. After strumming/singing a half hour or so I feel much better, thank you!
ReplyDeleteClint what an awesome way to beat the blues, I love what music can do for the soul! Have an awesome evening!
Deleteno longer feel blue on rainy days or Mondays! we've had rain for the past 3 days...today is partly cloudy with sun and wind! however I do feel blue when I think a lot about missing Don! what do I do...sometimes I just have to do something mindless like playing computer solitaire or I read! I hate to not think about him...but sometimes...it just becomes too emotional!
ReplyDeleteTheanne grieving is a difficult process, I've experienced the loss of both of my parents and it took me a long time to become alright with keeping the wonderful memories alive, but moving forward in life. Today I'm free from the heavy emotions, I've fully accepted what has transpired and I've turned my grief into gratitude. I'm grateful to have had especially my Mom in my life for as long as I did, (my Dad passed away when I was a mere 4 1/2 yrs. old), some people never have known the love of a Mother so I am blessed... as you were to have had Don in your life for as long as you did and still do to a degree. My heart goes out to you in your time of sorrow and it will dance with you when you rejoice... know you have a friend.
DeleteHave you read the book "eat, love, pray"? I'm reading it right now and it's a fantastic book, I'm at the part where she's in India and connecting; as hard as it is to put down I'm trying to fully digest her words and experiences. I highly recommend the book if you've never read it.
Huge hugs sent your way today, take care and may God bless and be with you.
Well said Darlin. Loss of a spouse is a great challenge.
DeleteOn the other hand all the way around the world where I live...it was and still is sunny and bright and my son-in-law (a Minnesota National Gaurd Red Bull) came home from Iraq today! Hooray!
ReplyDeleteKaren that's fantastic news and reason to celebrate! Thank God he's home safe and sound and back with his loving family!!
DeleteEnjoy that sunshine, capture it for a rainy day... put it in a bottle and market it, I bet you'd make millions! lol
Have a wonderful evening, cheers.
When I have the blues what I most like to do is pout and feel sorry for myself.....what i try to do is immerse myself in a project of some sorts. I do like the odd rainy day though.
ReplyDeleteJoyce isn't it awesome to be able to crawl under the covers and listen to the sound of the falling rain beating on the roof? I sleep like a baby when I hear the music of the rain dancing.
DeleteI like rainy days and Mondays and the song too. Blues are a challenge and at times not explainable. Good on you for having moved on.
ReplyDeleteRed there's almost nothing which a bit of gratitude won't cure; it's hard to be blue, angry, resentful, envious, or any other negative emotion when I stop and realize just how much I have to be grateful for in life. Yup, I'm blessed in many, many ways.
DeleteI heard an inspirational speaker once, he suggested that each and every night we all write in a gratitude journal, it was suggested we write 3 things and change them daily. I did this each and every night and it sure changed my perspective... it was no longer poor me and time to move on in life.
Rainy days are also something to be grateful for, especially for our farmers back home and those who live in the desert, rain is always welcome there!
Cheers.
Wow, that's beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThank you Brian, isn't life absolutely stunning? ;-)
DeleteI usually try to find something to do-when I have a lot of work I don't have time for sadness:)
ReplyDeleteLife and travelling
Cooking
Ola with all of your travels I can see where there'd be no room for sadness, and you travel to such amazing places! Cheers.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSunflower seem to have an effect of cheering up a person !
ReplyDeleteWong I think that it's the beautiful yellows in the flowers which brighten up any place!
Delete