Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Friday, April 27, 2012

eat, pray, love


Today I went down to the market in search of some fine foods (eat); I found some delicious stuffed chicken breasts which are filled with spinach, mushrooms and a slice of smoked ham.... yummm. As I was browsing around I remembered the last time I was there I'd spotted a painting which I liked, I prayed it was still there... 

... and there it was, this magnificent piece of Aboriginal art waiting especially for me! I know exactly where this is going to hang in my home once I get it framed, I love it!

On another note, if you've never read this book, it's a fantastic read. 


There's also a movie based on this book, it's starring Julia Roberts; I highly recommend reading the book first, then watch the movie. 

I've not been very sociable lately and apologize for not getting to visit all of your blogs, one of these days when I get a do nothing morning I'll be by to visit, we'll share a cuppa and enjoy the morning together. :-)

8 comments:

  1. I see I don't have to read this book as it's for "one woman's search for everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red it's the journey the lady takes, she travels and finds herself and God throughout this novel. I like her style of writing, even though I've seen the movie I'm still finishing reading the book, I want to know what her thought process is and how things transpired. A movie misses so much of the details, but they both are good, the movie and the book that is.

      Delete
  2. funny thing about that, I bought the book first, just couldn't really get into it, but I knew that with Julia Roberts how could it not be wonderful, and some girlfriends and I made a movie night out complete with dinner when the movie first came out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen that sounds like a fantastic night out with some friends, I'm glad I'm reading the book, it's touching base on a lot of my journey and quest in life and I get to read just how her thoughts are for her. The part that gets me is when she tries to meditate and can't turn her ego off, I can totally relate! It's a tough thing to do, quiet the mind that is, but it is doable. I hope you're having a good weekend, cheers.

      Delete
  3. I like how at the bottom of the book it says passed on from woman to woman, and now you have passed it on to us. I ALWAYS read the book first if I can, because the movie seldom does the book justice. And I think I might be the only person who absolutely does not like Julia Roberts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce I couldn't agree more about reading the book first, I just cheated a wee bit, but I'm still finishing the book... 'cause I can if for no other reason that that! lol I've connected to a lot this author shares, the question I'm in search of the answer for now would be is this fiction or not, I'll have to google it to find out. I love google!

      Cheers.

      Delete
  4. Your time in Australia will have hopefully felt a little like the journey in 'Eat, Pray, Love' - don't apologise for not visiting our Blogs, it is far more important that you are experiencing your time in Adelaide. Your sharing has given me the most beautiful look into my own country. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beverly this past 6 years has been a bit like this book, a journey of self and the bonus is now this journey has led me to Australia and the bonus is I'll get to meet you my friend and your wonderful family! I'm totally looking forward to our visit! Have a wonderful day and all the best on your edits or rewrites for your book!

      Delete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.