The market here is an amazing place to go to do some shopping at; today I ventured over and thought I'd take some photos on the way. I finally picked up a polarizing filter for my 24-70mm lens and I love what it does.
On the way to the market I walked by the huge fountain at Victoria Square, it's beautiful!
A church across from Victoria Square
and after strolling along I arrived at Central Market.
Today it was about 30c and the sun was shining so it was the ideal day to take out my new filter, as I mentioned, I'm so happy to have this!


I can't believe many major cities don't have anything quite as good as the Adelaide Central Markets!! Every time I've been there, I've bought WAAAAAAY more than I can easily carry!!!
ReplyDeleteRed it's generally a heavy load getting back to where I'm situated. Slowly I'm learning, after all they're open 4 days a week and I'm about a 20 min. walk from there. But it is such a fantastic place to shop, I totally agree!
DeleteIs the polarizing filter what helps get that gorgeous blue sky? Mine is always so blown out white.
ReplyDeletePam that's exactly what the polarized filter does, it keeps the colors even on sunny days.
DeleteI should use my polarising lens more often it sure makes the sky and colours look striking. You've done well. I once forgot to take it off and wondered why my in the shade shots were so dark....doh!
ReplyDeleteDiane been there done that with my zoom lens, I have the polarizer on that one, but this new macro lens is what I find I'm shooting with most of the time now so I figured I'd best get one. Even with all the camera gear being so expensive here, I managed to get this filter for about the same I'd pay back home, I just gave the salesman the look and without saying a word he checked what he could do for me price wise and took $20 off! Too bad it wasn't that easy all the time! lol Cheers.
Deletewhat a nice temperature! here is still rather cold as for Aprli:(
ReplyDeleteLife and travelling
Cooking
Ola it's been beautiful here, it's around 30 again today and supposed to be the same tomorrow. I love it!
DeleteThanks for such a stunning treat before I begin work today! Simply lovely!
ReplyDeleteKaren no worries, it's the least I can do is share some of this beauty with all of my friends here. :-) Cheers, I hope you enjoyed your day!
DeleteI have to get a filter like that. Stunning shots. All your photos are so beautiful .
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful rest of the week
Cheers.. Mind you I might be back
Thank you Lisa, the filter is worth the investment, especially with summer on the way in AB. And the doors open, come back any time you'd like. :-) Cheers.
DeleteGreat photos, as always! I was just reflecting on what fun it is to follow your life over all this time. Thanks so much for sharing yourself with us.
ReplyDeleteGalen thank you and the pleasure it truly mine, I love taking photos, I love this adventure and to do it all alone would get rather boring... so thank you for being on the other end! Cheers.
DeleteWell done dear Darlin.By your filter the sky is more blue. I have one like yours.
ReplyDeleteA big hug from italy.
Erika
Erika the sky was so close to this blue, it's unbelievable here. I agree the filter enhances it a tad, but not that much. Have a great evening! Cheers.
DeleteThree very striking photos. Awesome fountain! Do we ever build fountains in Alberta?
ReplyDeleteRed I think that I spotted one once, at the parliament buildings in Edmonton! lol And thank you. Cheers.
DeleteI don't know what a polarizing filter is, but I do love big markets. Unfortunately I don't get to many in this neck of the woods. Penticton has a nice one.
ReplyDeleteJoyce it's a filter you put on the end of your lens, do you have sunglasses which are polarized? It gives the same effect, or similar to. The glare and white out is compensated. I love these filters for bright sunny days, the photos don't look overexposed.
DeleteMarkets are a blast, the prices here are reasonable as well, the way I figure is why not support the independent and buy fresh vs. the large chains. Have a great day!
Wow looks like a really nice area.
ReplyDeleteShayne the only area which I've been in thus far which I don't care much for is the area I happen to live in... funny how that worked out. The rest of this city is stunning, I'm surrounded by beauty. The market here is only about a 20 min. walk from where I live, it's close enough to walk and there's a free tram to catch back most of the way if I happen to buy too much.
DeleteThere's something very nostalgic about where you live. I can't put my finger on it, but I feel like I've been there (which I haven't)...
ReplyDeletePearl
Pearl this is only a temporary residence, I head back to Canada on June 1st but what an experience it's been. I used to only dream of being someplace such as this and today I know that dreams come true... the funny thing is this seems to transpire when we least expect it. Who knows, maybe one day I'll be reading your blog and you'll be sitting in a student residence in Adelaide Australia! Now wouldn't that be something? ;-) Cheers.
Delete