Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Monday, May 17, 2010

Carpe Diem


What a day today was, oh what a day! It's surreal to me that today I received my (mock) diploma, three years ago this was just a dream. I've pushed my way through immense fears, slept very little, did the tests, wrote the essays and have passed up on a lot of different things I would have liked to be a part of but today all of this was forgotten about. My biggest decision today was what color lipstick I wanted to wear, or was my make up to dark... oh ya and then there was the fear of tripping while walking across the stage, but all turned out extremely well. 

I am now a graduate with my diploma in Social Work, I still have about a month left in my practicum and if all goes well I will have most of my summer free then hopefully I will be a University student with one more grad to look forward to in 2012! I have learned that anything in life is possible if one wants it badly enough, if you can dream it, you can be it! Carpe diem... seize the day!

21 comments:

  1. I'm very happy for you -- a goal achieved, honors earned and greater horizons ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! What a Beautiful Day! When Dreams come true! Congratulations and Best Wishes for Future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again, Darlene!
    Can't take my eyes off your photo. You look so young and beautiful!

    /You are so beautiful... in a Joe Cockers' voice/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. You look so stunning and so proud. I think you are amazing and I know that if I ever needed a Social Worker you would be the first one I would call. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congradulations - One level is achieved, first mission is accomplished *Thums Up*

    You look very beautiful and HAPPY :-)

    Greetz,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone! Now off to work this fine morning... have a wonderful day y'all! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got it, you deserved it and you're looking good in your diploma uniform.

    Congratulations my dear! Up to the university.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Darlene, you deserve it, you have worked hard to get where you at this very moment. Watch out world here comes an amazing woman!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've enjoyed following your daily highlights through your blog. Congrats, and I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's awesome! Nice pic of you too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so very-very-very glad for you! You are such a great example of fear-fighter and forward mover! I am sure you will get what you want in 2012 and will keep fulfilling your dreams! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone, I'm still on a life's high today even with this headache!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yay for you! quite an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome! great photo and good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Lucy and Donna! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. FANTASTIC. Great photo! and the song playing "Teach Your Children." How appropriate!
    Proud! This is really great. So proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you very much POD, now off to University in the fall hopefully and chase that degree! One essay at a time I shall get to where I want to be. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well Darlene - you knew I couldn't let your great moment just slip by didn't you! Congratulations on achieving this milestone!! Enjoy your summer 'off' with your new granddaughter and keep that high going! Carpe diem indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you ever so much Rick, I feel so extremely blessed and grateful to be where I am at in life today. Glory be to God! :-)

    As for the shoes, sheesh, I did get some nice shoes, one problem though, I forgot that I don't wear heels and my feet were killing me after the ceremony so I came home and found some flats so that I could go out to dinner and enjoy my meal! Silly me, but what fun! I felt like a schoolgirl! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Like it says in Ecclesiastes (paraphrased) - "there's nothing better for a man (woman) than to enjoy what he (she) has been given".

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.