Well this was not expected, not in my world and not on May 4th... every year when I least expect it to snow BAM from outta nowhere down it comes. Maybe, just maybe this will be our last snow of the year and things will get the moisture they require to continue to bloom... just maybe I'll be able to plant my garden on the May long weekend this year. Mind you this is Alberta where winter jackets are not packed away until June, even though it's tempting (mine made it from the front entrance to the back door) it's not recommended. All that was missing today were all the Christmas lights, we could have had Christmas again... I love Alberta!
Through a Project 365 challenge I started taking a photo a day quite some time ago and posting it on this blog, I started to see the world differently and wanted to see if I could capture what I was seeing. Then life got busy and I put the camera and blog aside and today I take my Canon with me from time to time, and now that I think of it I miss taking photos on a regular basis. Glad to be back, it won't always be the DSLR shots, but nonetheless, here I go again!
Perspective
Why I love photography

No kidding? Yeah... right. We have something like this every year till the end of April.Let's hope that it will melt soon. :)
ReplyDeleteOh I'm sorry but I have to say it again - that is such a beautiful scene.
ReplyDeleteGood Grief!!!
ReplyDeleteThere are times when I wouldn't mind seeing that in mid-July when it's 33˚ out but certainly not now!
Stay cool ...
Well, I suppose you're used to it, but this Texas boy is ready for bluebonnets this time of year, not snow! Very beautiful, though!
ReplyDeleteYikes! Beautiful or not, it just seems wrong to have that much snow in May! It does happen once in awhile here in Ontario, but thankfully it melts almost instantly!
ReplyDeleteI hope you get to enjoy Spring again soon!
Don't worry about your snow!!! In Germany it is going to snow tomorrow - Above 800 meters!!!
ReplyDeleteNice Picture though ;-)
Greetz,
Joseph
Same "surprise" happens here every May. But it does never looks like yours - very longterm and solid.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! Really!
ReplyDeleteAll that snow looks amazing! Did I say that? Wheww! Happy to know that I'm not traumatized from all the snow I saw last year and the past months. Or is it because of the warm weather that we are having here, that snow now looks interesting? Anyway, I've got no clue, so I'll just have to conclude that you did an amazing job ;)
ReplyDeleteWe saw that on the news and couldn't believe it! Well, that's the west, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteWhen do you put on the shorts, t-shirts and sandals?
ReplyDeleteLuize, we had snow on the May long weekend last year, grrrr! That delayed me starting my garden so better now then later!
ReplyDeleteDavine, I'm glad that you enjoyed the snow! :-)
FIT, ya no doubt, the heating blanket is now on again before bed! lol
Joseph, please take photos, now this I have to see! That way I'll realize just how good I have it! lol
Irina, the worst part is that the flowers that bloomed early, they're not blooming anymore... to put it mildly.
Pam, that's what I thought!
Lucy yup that's Western Canada for you, not the wild, wild west with weather such as this though! :-)
LL that would be from about June 29 until July 3rd each and every year! I'm gonna move to California, yup that's what I'm gonna do.... wait a second, then I'll have to lose 20 lbs, have some cosmetic surgery and dye my hair blond... guess I'll tolerate the snow after all!
A wonderful evening to each of you, thank you for stopping by... photos of a princess coming up shortly! :-)
Yep - saw this on the news - not a big surprise though. When we lived in Calgary we never put our winter stuff away - it just moved itself a little further back in the closet, but always within reach!
ReplyDeleteWow! Here I am complaining the air conditioning is not keeping the upstairs cool enough!
ReplyDeleteRick that's smart, always keep it within reach although I love to tuck it all away for about 2 months. I don't want no reminders of winter for 2 whole glorious months!
ReplyDeleteDonna, I only wish! lol