Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

THE Dress



After getting my hair done on Tuesday night it was quite obvious that my new red grad dress was going to have to be replaced so back out shopping for me. I had seen another dress I fell in love with and ended up going to three different stores, even after numerous phone calls, to find THE dress in my size. I was tired, I didn't feel like shopping but I had to get this out of the way, the countdown is on. 

This photo was taken at one of the malls I stopped off at, I love the mall with the recent renovations but this wasn't where I found my dress, I had to travel to another side of the city to find THE dress. Now with this out of the way I can get on with my life. Ladies I'm sure you can relate to this, guys... I'm sure that you've experienced this and if not, next time your wife or girlfriend is in search of THE dress, just be patient, she'll find it. :-)

(LL sorry but I'm chuckling right about now, thoughts of you as your four beautiful daughters were growing up just popped into my head!)

5 comments:

  1. Good thing the mall has those posh couches so you can lay down between shopping excursions looking for 'the dress.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. This shot looks really professional. Love the composition and the vivid colors.

    I can't relate to the dress thing, but I know women do and my girlfriend does too, but I'm happy you got it out of the way. Congrat on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somewhere I have a list of 25 reasons why it's good to be a guy (I'll have to find and post it someday) and I seem to recall that 'not having to visit 50 stores to find grad clothes' was on that list :) However, now that the dress is out of the way, I'm sure shoes will be next - after all, the ones previously bought simply won't GO with the new dress! :)

    Ha ha - hope you have fun getting prepared for the BIG day! You've earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rick is right. I buy most of my clothes online. I can find most everything I need at Cabela's or Amazon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. POD, I would have loved to take a break and sit but didn't have the time, I was on a mission! :-)

    Thanks M, ya I'm pretty darn happy that's out of the way... now to accessorize! It's ain't easy being female some days but I LOVE it just the same! lol

    Rick... I darn near choked on my tea! LOL Too funny, so you know about the shoe thing as well. I just might need those couches to take a break before the entire ensemble is put together! I'm sure that I'll be posting a photo of all of my hard efforts to look decent for a few hours.

    David, that is one of the benefits of being a man. See for me if I ordered something online I'd be sending it back, waiting for something else, then go through this entire process over and over... I would have had to start shopping online a year ago and MAYBE I would have had a dress in time for this event... that's just the way it works. Now men on the other hand, I don't know how you guys do it, but you know exactly what size, you know what you like and what works for you and it's just that easy... share how you do that please, this inquiry mind wants to know! ;-) And since when does Amazon sell clothes? I'm going to have to check it out, I NEED, not want, NEED, another dress for 2012~ lol.

    Have a great night everyone! M. hope you have a good day, you're probably in bed by now!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.