Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Elyssa... my princess


Today I had the pleasure of going over to take photos of my granddaughter, I seem to have a wee problem though, I can't decide on just one photo so I'm bending the rules and posting a few.This top photo was a hard one to take, a new baby with no clothes on, needless to say that didn't last for to very long until she started telling us to hurry up and get some clothes on her!


It's unreal how much Elyssa's looks are changing, she's 10 days old today and already her features have changed considerably, she's such a little doll!


I think that Elyssa was paying pretty close attention and heard what we were going to attempt for our next photos! :-) 

What a fun, wonderful way to spend my afternoon. Today has been such a fantastic day... I am so blessed within my life and for this I am grateful.

21 comments:

  1. She's a pretty baby! Love the black and white photo! That picture will be treasured for a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you David. I'm still going through all the photos from today, I'm photo crazy some days but how can I not be with such a precious subject? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photos all,but I like the black and white the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. You have a very cute grandaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Darlene! She's so precious! I love the look on her face in the last photo. The b & w photo sure offers the perspective of how tiny she is when compared with the hands. What a little bundle of cuteness she is.
    No wonder you're beaming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Chad, she looks just like her gramma! lol just kidding!

    Thanks Karen, and yes I sure am beaming with pride, joy, love and gratitude! Life is amazingly wonderful and I now have a new perspective and I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlene, she is stunning. I also love the Black & White photo. Her eyes are so beautiful. You must be so proud of her. Your photography is also fantastic - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Darlene she is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so lovely -- love that middle photo where she's so alert and pretty in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Beverly, I'm slowly learning but had to take tons of shots to get the ones which I love. I guess that's all a part of learning and at least it's not like the old days when we had to pay for our photos with heads cropped off, blurred or black shots! I love our technology... when it works with me that is! :-)

    Thank you as well Davine and Lucy. I've learned that one of the hardest subjects to photo is a baby... she fussed, was hungry, then we burped her, did a diaper change, changed her clothes and she got cold so fast, we had to hurry but it was all 500% worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The music on your site scares me every time I come here, espcially when I'm at work and it starts blaring out of no where!

    Beautiful pictures Mom, thanks again it was great having you over. Do you have a full size copy of the black and white one without the border you can send me?

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pictures of a beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shayne I can't help but laugh at that, turn your speakers down! :-)

    I just sent you a file via sendspace, see if there's one of this photo in there without the boarder, and if not then let me know and I'll send you one separate. AJ is going to see if she can get rid of some of the shadows in the family photos, a few of them which I sent to her and I'll also send them on to you once I get them back.

    You are most certainly welcome son, I loved every minute of it! I'll be back, camera in hand in a few weeks. My heart dances when I hold your precious daughter, I've been thinking that I might need a bigger desk again so that I can put tons of photos on it! :-) Elyssa is such a beautiful baby... takes after her gramma I'm thinking! lol

    Have a wonderful day, lots of love sent to each of you today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. She looks adorable and your first shot is awesome. Love the choice for black & white and the composition is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now that's a pretty baby! The black & white photo is a knockout.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't imagine how many pictures will be taken of this beautiful child before she is one. Maybe rent a storage unit for them? Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you M and Sherry.

    Judy I will have a lot of photos for sure but I don't want to always have my camera in hand, I'd much rather enjoy my precious gift from God first hand and hold her, walk with her and free myself up to love her! :-) No need for storage units just yet! lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, such a pretty baby girl :-)

    Greetz,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you Joseph, she's my pride and joy and an immense blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely photos and she truly is a doll! Enjoy all those moments with her, and of course, SPOIL her rotten! (gramma's job description)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you Rick, I shall shower this child with love and if some choose to view that as spoiling her then so be it, I'll be fulfilling my role in life as gramma! lol

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.