As I was getting ready to head back to the city Herb was intently working on his new truck he recently purchased at an auction. The truck is a 1979 Ford, as Herb calls it, a collectors item. The truck runs, the only damage is on the right side of this truck and as you can see Herb is focusing as he fixes yet another pride and joy (a newer truck to haul garbage to the dump!) I think that Herb buys things like this for something to do, he's always got something to work on be it restoring antique furniture, making things or fixing fixer uppers. And here I thought that it was only a woman's work that was never done... sorry guys, I didn't quite realize that you're "work" is never done as well! :-)

Hey - if Herb looks like he might run out of work, I've got a '97 Chev p/u he can do some body work on! Fenders and door panels are starting to succumb to all the salt they use here in Ontario! Uggghhh!
ReplyDeleteThat is exactly what we men do - Buy useful stuff that women will never understand or accept as mandatory . . . BUT you also have your SHOES and I can't understand what is about 100 pairs of SHOES - LOL - :-D
ReplyDeleteWhen Herb finishes the Pick Up, please take a picture of it :-)
Greetz,
Joseph
Rick, it appears that when he runs out of "hobbies" he just goes to yet another auction. I'd heard that they use tons of salt on the roads there, now I know it's true. Why don't they use sand?
ReplyDeleteJoseph... key words "useful stuff"! lol I'll take another photo of this ummm what I call junk, and he calls a collectible, another time just for you. Why is it that the sexes speak different languages? :-)
Hehehe :-)
ReplyDeleteKeeps himself busy, but I think that damage will take a lot of his time before it looks OK.
ReplyDeleteLove the emotions in the shot!
M. it really doesn't matter what this truck looks like, he's only going to use it to haul garbage to the dump! lol
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you for the compliment, I got him when he was least expecting me to snap a shot. Often times those are the shots I love!
Have a great day!
Guess where they build cars and you'll have the answer as to why they use salt vs sand! :)
ReplyDeleteNow that makes sense! :-)
ReplyDelete