Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Girly Girl


Today I pampered myself compliments of my children who all pitched in and gave me a wonderful afternoon of pampering. Now generally I'm not a girly girl who does the nails (both hands and feet) and dresses all fancy but what the heck, tomorrow I will be graduating with my diploma in Social Work and soon enough will be well on my way to earning a degree. You know what I've discovered?...I'm worth being pampered!

Happy Monday, enjoy your day after all this is going to be a once in a lifetime day. Monday May 17, 2010 will not ever repeat itself so take what you can from this day, share like you will never have another day such as this, love with all of your heart and laugh as though there is no tomorrow.  Know that today is an extremely blessed and special day.

9 comments:

  1. You, Darlin together with my many bloggers-friends teach me a great lesson every day, to enjoy life and to be thankful. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy life while it lasts & congratulations on your diploma. Well done!

    Those nails are perfectly done. The flowers on your nails are so neat.. I say well done to those who did it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure is, you earned THAT pampering!!!
    And congradulations on today's (Monday) diploma :-)

    Greetz,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud that you went way out and pampered Darlene for the day. All the best for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone... in a bit of a rush this morning but wanted to thank you all before I get this day up and running, it's going to get a tad bit hectic in a while but no worries... the good Lord doesn't give me any more than I can handle in one day! The bonus today is that it's an awesome sunshiny day, an awesome day for a Grad!

    Have a wonderful day and see you all tonight with my photos, and I'm looking forward to seeing all of yours! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of practice goes into those tiny portraits on each nail. Wow. What a chore and I know they don't make much money either. At least not here in CA.
    Congrats on your graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. POD yesterday I learned just how much work goes into each nail, about 2 1/2 hours worth and I think that they made their money. Most of the time it was drying and waiting or soaking. The lady that did the actual design had that done in no time at all, she was so quick. I was impressed and would or will definitely do this again!
    (Any of my children who might happen to read this there you go, see I'm not that hard to buy for after all!) :-)

    Thank you, every single effort I put into my studies proved to be so rewarding today, it so worth the feeling I received while crossing that stage! Now to get into university and I can do this again in two more years... well that's the plan anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, this is after the fact, but I WAS away :) It's nice to be pampered once in a while - very nice of your children to do something so personal! By the way, I thought you would have had a picture of THE shoes, after all the press they received :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So Rick you're home once again and I can look forward to daily magnificent shots? ;-) The shoes I've covered that topic already in another response somewhere here... lol I have to get to bed, sleep is beckoning and I'm fading! YIKES... still have to pack for the long weekend, oh oh. I wonder if I can just buy new clothes while I'm away... hmmm that would work as well! lol

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.