Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Friday, May 14, 2010

Lets Play Ball


This morning at 7:45am I pulled up to work and parked facing this ball diamond, I was curious if it was used at all. As it turned out the clients where I work were all playing ball at 10:30 this morning and I had the opportunity to go out and supervise so I jumped at it. I ended up playing catch for about half an hour, at first I missed every ball thrown at me...after about 5 minutes I was even impressing myself! It has been many, many years since I've played catch but it's like riding bike. The only regret will be in the morning when I'm not going to be able to lift my arm and I'm sure that there's other muscles in this body I've forgotten about! Ahhhh such is life, now I wonder if I could ride a bike... hmmm think that I'll wait until this one passes before I try that one.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, the weather is gorgeous here, +21 today!

10 comments:

  1. Doesn't it suck how our bodies remind us of the parts we've neglected! Mind you, our bodies are kind enough to let us first use those neglected parts for a while again - and we feel great - then comes the next day and PAYBACK time! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Groooaaan!! Ha ha! Great to read that you had a wonderful time, even if you have to pay for it now. Have a great weekend! Try riding that bike :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick, how about I try riding that bike when I can get myself a Harley... or does that count? lol Maybe the exercise bike.. ya that would work if I can move my ummm upper legs in the morning! LMAO

    I love getting a wee bit older, life is so much fun and nothing to hold me back, yet when I want I can find excuses in a heartbeat not to do certain things. I find it amusing how my oldest son thought that his mom should not be helping stain his fence...it's his fence what can I say? :-) Like seriously, I'm not that old! Now I can hold my beautiful baby while my son slaves away, I don't have a problem with that at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's great that you spontaneously played ball today. Even if you're sore tomorrow. :D

    21˚C? Wow! Nice.

    Yes ... you can get on a bike and ride! You, my dear, can do anything you set your mind to.

    I hope your weekend is wonderful, too. ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you are most definitely meant to be a biker babe. Go ride your bike. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go girl! Go buy something to rub on your sore arm. It will hurt. It was fun though, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure you'll need a good massage when you wake up tomorrow. Being a soccer player, I know all about muscle pain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Muscle Pain - I recommend SHARK filets, really - Pretty delicious ;-)

    If you are not in shark filets - Shell fish do the trick too :-D

    Greetz,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen we got up to +26C today, it's so nice out there and now I'm wondering what in the heck I'm doing in here... oh right, homework and housework needs to get done!

    Thanks Regina.

    Sherry that's going to be one of my first purchases once I'm out working, I can see it now! :-)

    Judy it was a blast! I'm going to have to check and see if I still have ball gloves out at the farm and bring them into the city now that I remember just how much fun it really is!

    M. I only wish I had time for a massage, I'm not as sore as I'd imagined but still a bit sore. If the masseuse was open right now I'd head down there, I'm long overdue!

    Joseph, so you're telling me that if I eat shark or shell fish that it helps sore muscles? I must say that I've never heard of that one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, fish in general is good for our muscles, bones and skin!!!

    You must at least eat fish once a week, it is a very important diet :-)

    Greetz,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  10. Does it count if I take Salmon Oil or fish oil? I hope so, and now that you mention this I'd best start to take them again. Thanks for the reminder Joseph and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.