Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Special Day

Today I had an awesome day, thank you all for the birthday wishes. I had a busy, productive day at work and after work my boyfriend met me at my place, he came to the city to take me out for dinner. The restaurant we went to, the Sawmill, is well known for their fantastic prime rib and they lived up to their reputation tonight... it was delicious! The following photo is in the restaurant, a very nice place to dine.


 Herb not only drove over two hours to come and take me out to dinner, he also bought me a beautiful gold bracelet, I love it! 

Life is so interesting, I used to think that I was spoiled, I no longer think this way. My new belief is that I am blessed, extremely blessed within my life.
  
Have a great evening everyone!

14 comments:

  1. What a gem Herb is, and congrats again on the birthday (mmmm ... Alberta prime rib - doesn't get much better than that!!). I like your perspective on being blessed - ain't that the truth, if we look at our own lives. Enjoy what's left of your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darlene!

    Best Birthday Wishes! What a beautiful time to have a birthday - in May!
    And yes, it's a very romantic place to dine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DARLENE! ♫♪♩♬

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ribs are yummy :-)

    WHAT A ROMATIC CORNER - Nice atmospheric picture ;-)

    Greetz,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I am late in the day - but I guess better late than never. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Darlene - hope you have had the best day. What a lovely gift you got from Herb, not only the beautiful bracelet but also his company. Oh I do love ribs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blessed for sure! Happy post-birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday, Darlin! The photo of the place shows the romantic air around you that evening. Regards to Herb, he's doing great! I think you last statement about change from spoiled to blessed is his doing in a way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That really sweet of your boyfriend. Love the lighting and the setting of the restaurant. Looks very romantic.

    I like your positivity in life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Rick and you got it, there's nothing in the world as good as AAA Alberta Prime Rib cooked correctly!

    Thanks Luize.

    Joseph Prime Rib is a type of roast, there are also prime rib steaks but I agree ribs are good as well. :-)

    Thank you Davine, I am really blessed within my life as I mentioned!

    Thanks POD.

    Irina, I think that my outlook in life has changed due to the immense work I have done on myself, Herb is a bonus in my life! :-)

    Thank you M. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy B day and don't let that great guy go. You're right...you deserve to be treated well. I'm sure you're good to him too. I understand about doing work on yourself. If we don't have our act together, we attract the wrong people and when we love ourselves we send the bad ones packing. We don't need them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Judy I have done that for far to many years, today I have finally learned but the good thing is that I did learn.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday, Darlene! Glad it was a wonderful day for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well I think Herb is blessed, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Sherry.

    And thank you as well Cheryl. I find it funny how opposites attract, I was just discussing this with him last night and explained my take on this. I'm a real extrovert, he's an introvert. I believe that I help to get him out a little more and that he helps to keep me in a bit more... if that makes any sense! All that I know for certain is that it works so I'm not going to over analyze this and just go with it, "If it's not broken, don't fix it."

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.