Today I was back at the college for an integration seminar, I've only been away for about 3 weeks and already there's changes. The cafeteria which used to be on the 8th floor has now been moved down to the basement level, it's a brand new place with all new equipment and it's so clean. I never used to eat at the old cafeteria, not a chance! Today I almost wished I was hungry, I wanted to check it out but settled on a piece of banana bread and a bottle of water. The new cafeteria is an awesome concept with computers lining the side walls for students to use, plenty more tables, and it's so nice now... sure just as I'm leaving the college... ahhh such is life.

Congrats on being a social worker...good for you. I'm all through with that career unless I leave here and it is all I can find. You're starting out fresh and I have no idea what the profession is like in your part of the woods. Now grad school? Keep going.
ReplyDeleteHi Judy,
ReplyDeleteI read your comment via email and got here to respond and there's nothing here, now that's odd! In response to what you were saying, I feel that I will eventually tire of social work but the positive in all of this is once I receive my degree I'll have 15 years until I retire so that should give me enough time working in the field before I hang up my social work hat. In the meantime this is a dream that I've always wanted to pursue, I just ran out of excuses and now am doing it. :-)
That's hardly a test meal.
ReplyDeleteWhat about giving them a culinary challenge? I mean, order a tuna sandwich at the very least and report back on their success (or lack thereof).
(I've been tied up on other matters and not blogging much lately)
Well you can always go to the cafeteria and have a meal, even if you are a graduate :-)
ReplyDeleteGreetz,
Joseph
You mastering photo composition and I like that. Lovely wide shot.
ReplyDeleteLL as I thought, thanks for stopping in and as far as that tuna sandwich goes, maybe I'll see if I can get the crusts taken off just to see if they're up to the challenge. :-)
ReplyDeleteJoseph, I love your positive attitude, I always smile when I read your comments, thank you.
M, thanks. I love this newest point and shoot I've purchased, it takes good shots. I rarely pack my Rebel with me anywhere, only on the odd occasion but at least I am using both cameras, getting my dollars worth.
Darlin -- see if they can toast the bread AND cut off the crusts.
ReplyDeleteWoah, best ensure that there's a lady working, that's some serious multitasking going on there! ;-)
ReplyDeleteSing along: "You can't always get what you want ...". Guess they were just waiting for you to leave :) Maybe the university will have an even better cafeteria!
ReplyDeleteRick, no worries... the old cafeteria save me from gaining any weight while I was sitting all day in classrooms, for this I am grateful!
ReplyDeleteThe University of Alberta is so big I'd probably get lost even trying to find the cafeteria, I'm thinking that when I attend that University for my electives that it'd be much easier to throw a banana or piece of fruit into a bag and call it lunch!