Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Sunday, May 23, 2010

New Tractor


Today Herb went to work on his new tractor he bought at an auction Thursday night, he wanted to bring it home today. He told me what it was but I know nothing about tractors, what I do know is that I couldn't help but laugh when I saw his new tractor and as he drove around the huge circular driveway. The huge grin on his face was priceless. I love this tractor, it's a 33 Massey Harris and from what I can gather it's a 1952 or possibly a '53... but then again what do I know about tractors?  Here's another photo for a closer look. 


So if any of you tractor buffs can help me out, what year is this? All I know is that it's old but it's new to Herb, it's red, in pretty good shape for being so old and it runs! :-)

8 comments:

  1. Well that's a good-looking tractor! And Herb looks pretty proud driving it. Nope - don't know much about old tractors. I've got an old David Brown (likely circa 1965) that runs great - use it to move snow in winter and mow (tall) grass starting around now.

    Have a great week, and enjoy your 'irresponsible' time right now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick, do you ever sleep? lol It's amazing how some of these old tractors are still running, today as soon as the warranty expires on most things, that's it game over.

    My irresponsible time is pretty hectic, I'm going to have to go home and get some rest! Today was a real kitchen kind of day, I love cooking out at the farm in a large kitchen with a dishwasher and I know that Herb sure doesn't mind me doing this! :-) I planted a few planters, finished up a letter for a bursary for University, did some laundry, and did about 10 pages of jouraling for my practicum. Yup time to get home and rest!

    Have a great evening and a good sleep, see you tomorrow night. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 Stars for the second picture - Again a beautiful vintage :-)

    Do you know why these tractors work, work and work and the new ones break all the time?
    Because the old machines where built by humans, and now machines are building machines!!!

    Greetz,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the old tractor, not just for the sake of retro feelings of a half century ago, but because as the other commenter said - THEY WORK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm up and going again. Looks like great tractor. I wish I had one just like it,you would see a smile on my face driving it also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beat me, but I know nothing about tractors. All I know is that its a beautiful vintage and definitively a keeper.

    I think only Herb know its worth to his heart. Lovely shot, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Joseph and I never thought of these old machines in that sense, it's true that a human takes more pride in putting together something whereas a machine building something doesn't give a damn.

    LL it sure does work and it looks like fun to drive. I wonder if Herb will dare teach me how to drive it, there's tons of space in the fields! :-)

    HEY Chad, welcome back! If you come down to Alberta let me know and I'll take you out to the farm so that you can have a smile on your face too! :-)

    M. it is a keeper for sure, the old fella that had it passed on and Herb picked this up at the auction. I wonder if it was only the one owner before, I'm going to have to ask his wife. She said that she used to drive it and she's 85 so that would make sense. Interesting thought. Have a good one M. take care and shall see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very cool tractor! It looks like it's in pristine condition. Good for Herb - I hope he has a great time with his new toy.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.