Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Friday, May 28, 2010

To The Rescue


Today when I arrived at the farm Herb was out working in his shop so I went out to say hi, camera in hand naturally. I was browsing through his shop looking to see if there might possibly be some type of treasures out there and sure enough I found this old fancy box. Needless to say I'm going to go and rescue this box, clean it up and see if I want to keep it out here at the farm or bring it back to the city with me. It's fun having two homes to play with I've decided, there's never a dull moment or a lack of photo opportunities.

Have a wonderful weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Looks like a treasure chest! Anything valuable in it, like long lost treasure ? Herb sure had it in a place of honour, didn't he :)

    Have a great weekend !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick unfortunately no gold coins or anything at all for that matter. I have to chuckle at some of the things I find out here, they're not cluttering up the house at least!

    Thanks, I shall have a great weekend and same back at ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love finding old stuff, the older and dirtier the better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool box -- don't fix it up TOO much, though! it's got character!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Davine, it's such fun to find things, stuff, whatever... maybe that's why I love auction sales so much. They do say that one mans junk is another mans treasure!

    I think so as well David and Lucy I am only going to clean it and see if I do like it or have a use for this gem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rescue it from what?

    LOL

    Greetz,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  7. its just gorgeous...
    What a find

    A'isha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love treasures. Hubby has way too many of them and they aren't really treasures. Now if he had cool stuff like this, I wouldn't care. His stuff is really junk. Little treasure chests are cool though. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a treasure, for sure! I think I'd take it back to the city.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joseph, rescue from rotting away in the shed! lol

    Thanks A'isha, great to see you here!

    Judy, I totally hear you. This is most likely the only thing in the entire shop (which is huge!) that I think is a keeper, well so far anyways. I stay out of his shop and he stays out of my kitchen, life is wonderful that way! ;-)

    Cheryl I just might do that once I get moved again! I'm so sick of moving but hopefully this move will be the last one for a very long time! Then I can have space for cool finds such as this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very beautiful box! A definite lucky find!
    Hope you have some nice things to fill it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.