Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Saturday, May 29, 2010

What to do on a Rainy Day


Well it's another rainy weekend here at the farm, at least it's not snow! I started my day with planting a few shrubs and once they were planted I thought a hot tub would be nice, I was right, it was fantastic! 

After preparing a stew and leaving it to simmer in the crock pot I went for a drive to the nearest Wal-Mart which is an hour away. It was a nice drive, I got to see plenty of deer and a few ducks swimming in a small wayside pond.

I bought a back seat full of plants which are mostly shrubs (flashbacks from last year have entered my mind... yikes!). I'm hoping that this year my plants will stand a chance, there's no turkeys or chickens to eat them, and no donkey. I'm pretty sure that the farm dog and the rabbit know better, or at least I hope so!


Now I'm hoping that in the morning I'm not planting in the mud but if I am oh well, a little dirt never hurt anyone!

16 comments:

  1. A jacuzzi/hot tub on a farm?

    Farms in Canada sound fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bet a hot tub on the farm LL, it's awesome especially on chilly days. Have you ever jumped into a hot tub when it's -30c? If not you should try it, it's cold for that few minutes it takes to get in but then it's heavenly! Then it's good luck getting out and back in the house before something freezes! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Farm-Jacuzzi and nice 1st Photo :-D

    Quote: " I'm pretty sure that the farm dog and the rabbit know better, or at least I hope so!"

    I hope so too - LOL

    Greetz,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you know how to enjoy a stormy day. Our weather here has been the same,but I kinda like it,not too hot & the yard doesn't need watering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly what you mean. We had a hot tub when we lived in Kansas many years ago and it was awesome in the middle of winter with snow on the ground!

    Love the toenails :-).

    ReplyDelete
  6. If only there were hot tubs in Yellowstone. Your toes look manicured and cute. Mine right now are gnarly and in need of some tender loving care. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joseph, if not then there'll be rabbit stew! lol

    Chad it is wonderful to have the rain, I love the rain for hot tubbing, sitting by the fireplace and just chilling out. I just wish that it'd stop long enough to finish my planting but as I mentioned, rain or shine I'll get done today!

    Thanks Cheryl, that's the "city girl" in me having my nails done, a one a year sort of thing. The "country girl" has no fingernails left to get manicured come fall. :-)
    Judy, I just got a visual... ewwww! lmao

    Have a wonderful day everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some on looks very relaxed and is enjoy the bath. Its been raining here too, but I hate when it rains in the spring, because it becomes very cold.

    I used to love the rain when I was in Africa, but I guess its because it's very warm there and it help cool down my body temperature.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I grew up on a farm.

    (not a fishing story, the truth)

    We had to make a fire in the wood stove, heat water, put it into one of those metal wash tubs and then you could have a hot bath. The water wasn't emptied out between baths. The youngest ones had to content themselves with the soapy, tepid leavings.

    That's what I think of when I think of a bath on the farm. Then again, that was a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea with the hot tub - we had one too in Calgary - wonderful! Hopefully you got your plants in, rain OR shine!

    (couldn't get here sooner - internet problems ^%$#%! )

    ReplyDelete
  11. LL I remember the rain being our shower, the old wash tub, a two bedroom farm house with four of us girls and my parents, kerosene lamps for light and an outhouse, how I detested the outhouse on cold days! We had the wash house, the chicken coop and the barn.

    Today, there's a 3 bdrm home (one's an office) on the farm for two adults, one full time and me part time, a huge kitchen, gas fireplace and a hot tub sunken into the wrap around patio. Times have most certainly changed and I feel immensely blessed to have this farm to come to and spend time at doing what I love to do, play in the dirt, cook, and whatever else happens to come up. Yup life is good today.

    How times have changed, I'm sitting here conversing with you and you're way over there in California, there's a movie on which Herb is watching via satellite tv, the washing machine is going, the dishwasher doesn't need to be turned on yet, there's three phones here, one home and his and her cell phones and the odd thing is that people don't really communicate much anymore. And they call this progress?

    Enough from me for tonight, it's time to get some homework done. 'Nite LL and God bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. M. you were in Africa? Were you there for long? And the tub is a hot tub outside sunken into the patio, I think that I'll go and enjoy the tub again tonight before I have to head back to city life tomorrow. It is raining again and chilly but getting into that hot water with the jets going is out of this world! Have a good one M. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Rick, at least your net is working again! I did get the shrubs planted today and now I see that I'm going to have to buy more. I knew the area I'm planting is big but I didn't realize just how huge it really is! You don't have a hot tub there? If not, why don't you? You know how good it feels having had one in Calgary, now you could enjoy it out under the stars, from your photos it appears you have the space for a pool never mind a hot tub! :-)

    Have a great night, I'd best get outta here and play catch up on some homework and applications for funding for University. It just doesn't seem to end, two more years... only two more years I keep telling myself! 'Nite Rick, have a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes Darlin: I was born in Africa (Sierra Leone) and lived there for 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never knew that about you M. I learn something new each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, most people don't know my past, only share when asked.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.