Today I went to a farewell party, a very near and dear friend
is moving away and her and her husband will be dearly missed.
For those of you who I 'know', this lady is the lady I
worked for when I was cooking. I learned from this
lady, we shared, laughed, cried but most importantly
we became near and very dear friends, her presence
will be missed immensely. So it wasn't saying goodbye really,
I was saying see ya later and now when I go to Ontario
I won't have to pay for a hotel! :-)
There's always a bright side, sometimes I just
have to look a bit harder for it.
And on saying goodbye, it's that time of year
we're saying goodbye to the leaves, goodbye to
our summer days, the sunshine and warmth but
then again I can choose to carry this sunshine and
warmth within...
Life really is about choices, attitude and choices.
Although I haven't always made the wisest choices,
at least I've learned something from them.

vrienden voor het leven?
ReplyDeleteDe beste soorten vrienden. : -) Cheers.
DeleteLa vida siempre es un ciclo, va y viene, por allí otoño, por aquí primavera y luego volverá y renacerá también la amistad y la vida... Hermoso blog el que tienen, va un cordial saludo, Rodisi
ReplyDeleteGracias Rodisi. Todos a cierto que la vida es un ciclo, la belleza de ciclos es que son circulares, seguimos recorriendo una y otra con espacio para crecimiento personal y el progreso. La vida es hermosa! Os deseo una semana maravillosa y gracias por venir y visitar.
Deleteautumn brings out the melancholy, doesn't it?
ReplyDeleteTex, I'll brb, I have to go and google this word "melancholy"... kidding naturally. Fall can bring about this sense of melancholy, especially if I put in really old twangy country and western music and I don't do that all too often, well unless I need or want a good cry! lol No need for crying today, bring on the sunshine and blue skies, right and a feast at my son's house.. speaking of which I'd best get the cream cheese filling made for the pumpkin cookies and get mobile. Enough of this studies and getting side tracked, it's time for a whole lot of gratitude sharing.
DeleteCheers.
You made a neat segway into fall. Yes, parting from good friends is always difficult. Falling into fall also makes us feel a loss. I hope you had a good Thanksgiving. So all the cooking and baking stuff comes from your friend's influence.
ReplyDeleteRed, no my cooking has been a passion since I was knee high to a grasshopper. My Mom told me that since I could walk I'd pull a chair up to the stove and stir pots. I'm pretty much self taught in the kitchen, what I don't know I look up in a cookbook or online and improvise, I get the ideas and take it from there. I learned a few tips from my friend, we worked amazingly well together, we just knew what had to be done and did it never getting in one anothers way, the one time we served 382 people a roast beef buffet dinner, naturally with a crew which I ran while my friend did the carving. We had everyone through the line in about 3/4 of an hour which is phenomenal considering the amount of people we served. We influenced on another I believe is fair to say.
DeleteAnd thank you, the two seemed to just go together, goodbye summer, farewell to my friend. But hello studies, with winter on the horizon it won't be as difficult to snuggle up with my books, I hope.
Dinner is today, I'm sure I'll be sharing this with you later tonight. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving on your end. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
Cheers.
Happy Fall, Y'all is what we say! Cooler weather is supposed to arrive here tomorrow and I can't wait!
ReplyDeleteIt's a lovely thing to have wonderful friends like you do. I enjoyed reading the comments above! Happy Thanksgiving!
Parting is such sweet sorrow but you do have fond memories and hey you can still get-together at times! You captured a great autumn photo too!
ReplyDelete