Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Monday, October 14, 2013

Special Days

Today I celebrated Thanksgiving with my children, daughter-in-law and precious Elyssa.  We had a beautiful dinner at my son and his wife's house, but before anyone else arrived I went out with my oldest son and his family and shot a few photos. 


We had a lot of fun...


and what's a photo shoot without capturing at least 
one, or 100 photos of my precious wee girl? 


It's a tradition where we all share what we're grateful for
and I have so much to be grateful for we'd still be at the table
if I were to list every single thing so it's limited to a few NEW things
each year. 

Here's two more individuals I'm so proud of and grateful
to have in my life, my middle son and my daughter. 


And out of the photos I shot today, this
one has me smiling...


So in addressing special days such as Thanksgiving or Christmas, 
I find that I have choices, do I keep my gratitude or sharing spirit
for one day of the year? Heck no! I choose to carry gratitude
and the spirit of Christmas within me all year though; the calendar
 dates are mandated, the choice is mine. 

11 comments:

  1. happy smiles. what more could one want!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tex I'm one blessed, proud and grateful Momma! :-)

      Delete
  2. Happy Holiday! Beautiful Elyssa looks so different, so grown up.
    I am so glad to see so many smiles around you.
    And I am sorry to be so passive these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Irina, no worries nor need to apologize. Life happens and when you have time to visit your bright smiling presence is always welcome. Truth be told I too have been very busy on this end, these studies have me shaking my head sometimes wondering while I didn't just stop with the basic degree... but when I get though this I'll have yet more to be grateful for!

      Cheers my friend.

      Delete
  3. You have much to be thankful for indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LL I was looking for you today, checking back on posts and would you look at this... here you are. It's good to hear from you, now I can click on your double L's and see what you've been up to. :-)

      Without a doubt immense gratitude happening here!

      Have yourself a wonderful week!

      Delete
  4. Darlin, I like the smiling faces, opens my day up nicely before I start my lectures !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wong smiles are contagious I find, even looking back at photos where there are smiling faces I can't help but smile.

      I've been sneaking over to take a look at your photos, you're posting some phenomenal shots, one day I hope to take photos almost as good as you do. I don't have the time currently to dedicate myself to further learning on my camera, but one day I shall.

      Have yourself a wonderful week!

      Delete
  5. Great lesson to keep good ideas for good living all year. Your Elyssa is growing rapidly. you're lucky to have all your kids living near you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red I am blessed to be able to see all of my children and my granddaughter on a regular basis. I think that if we weren't all so close together I would have found a way to stay in Australia, I fell in love with the country, the people, while I was there but my family is way more important to me.

      Enjoy your week!

      Delete
  6. your daughter has a beatiful smile!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.