I was looking for some new bedroom lamps when I stumbled upon
a brilliant new idea, for a fraction of the cost. The old look is on the left,
the new and improved is by far a much cleaner and brighter look.
The same base with different shades.
Any amount of change for me is letting go of
something old, a step up, and it doesn't always
work out as planned, but at least I'm willing
to take the chance.

Why do I like the old one !
ReplyDeleteWong maybe because it's not as feminine looking? Just a thought.
DeleteIt's tough to put it in context without a larger understanding of the decor in the room. I like them both.
ReplyDeleteLL one day when I'm not working on papers, or have my room clear of all this insanity (books, printed journal articles, binders, etc) I'll repost... could be another year and a half but I'll remember! lol
DeleteI like the new one:)
ReplyDeleteThank you Ola, it sure helps brighten up the area!
DeleteHave a wonderful week!
the new one reminds me of audrey hepburn. :) i think she wore a hat with a bow similar to that. :)
ReplyDeleteRex it reminded me of a hat when I first saw it as well, I couldn't connect it to one specific person though. So the lamps will now be my hat lamps! lol
DeleteCheers.
I agree with Tex, and she had several outfits with that white and black bow trims! Very stunning I think. How cool to just buy a new lamp shade and change the whole look of the lamp!
ReplyDeleteKaren now I'm finding myself wanting to google Audrey Hepburn, I'm going to do just that. Thanks. There's sure a lot of options now for buying lamps, mix and match shades to bases and I love that when I want to change the look like I did I can still keep the base, no waste as there's nothing wrong with them, it's just me and making changes again.
DeleteHappy Hump Day!
Good idea! I like the new one. Bye bye....and kisses
ReplyDeleteErika
Thank you Erika, Hugs from Canada!
DeleteSuper idea! Why not mix and match like clothes?
ReplyDeleteExactly Red, change with the mood! :-)
DeleteEnjoy your day!
The new one looks very nice. Did it come with the ribbon and bow, or did you add them?
ReplyDeleteKathy it came with, maybe the next time I want a bit of change I'll just change the bow to match some of the colors in my room.... brilliant idea!
DeleteCheers.
A big difference and a lovely one!
ReplyDeleteThank you Carletta!
DeleteGreat idea. Small changes on a tight budget can really make all the difference.
ReplyDeleteLilith it sure can, I welcome change especially when I spend countless hours at my desk where I've put one of these lamps, it was too dark in this corner and with shorter days less writing doesn't transpire so now that's fixed up I have no excuses... even though I'm good at finding them when I want to procrastinate... speaking of which I came to put together some of this research I've compiled so I'd best get at it shortly.
DeleteEnjoy your day!