October 10, 2010. Rather interesting date I must say, not that anything spectacular transpired but a while back I agreed to take part in shooting a photo or some photos with 10-10-10 in mind. David was the brainstorm of this one!
I've had quite some time to think about this and at first I was going to post my 10 favorite people, I put that one out of my mind once I realized that I might offend a few people. Then I was going to post 10 different shots of me, that would have been way to much of me, and then it came to me. I shot two photos of the two things which have occupied most of my time lately.
I've had quite some time to think about this and at first I was going to post my 10 favorite people, I put that one out of my mind once I realized that I might offend a few people. Then I was going to post 10 different shots of me, that would have been way to much of me, and then it came to me. I shot two photos of the two things which have occupied most of my time lately.
This first photo is, as you can see,10 cans of paint. I have used a lot of this paint (and then some) since I moved into this house at the end of July. There's still painting waiting for me, it's not going to go anywhere. The house is livable so the painting is on hold for now.
This next photo is why the painting is put on hold for now. These are the top ten books I read, some when I have time, others are mandatory for classes, the "assigned" reading.
Between painting, books and everyday life I keep busy, very busy but I don't think that I'd have it any other way! :-)


Darlin, I happy you can be apart of 10-10-10. With such a busy life it is nice to have a distraction, even a short one. Good luck with the home work and painting. From the picture of books it looks like there is a little distraction in there! ie The books for dummies. Thanks again.
ReplyDeleteCame here by way a David. Really enjoyed your 10 10 10 post. Quit originally. Have fun with the painting and books. I too did a 10 10 10 on sunflowers..
ReplyDeleteDavid, the dummies books are the ones I TRY to get to between everything else. So far I've learned more about my camera here than from the books. Thanks for th10-10-10 idea, it was fantastic and got me thinking of things other than the dinner I'm going to prepare tomorrow, the painting, or the reading and assignments. This blog site and photos are the one thing I allow myself every day, we all need to do something which makes us feel good and since I've been taking photos and learning about what works and doesn't in photography, I've found a new passion! P365 Rocks as the kids would say!
ReplyDeleteCarrie, hi there and welcome to my corner of the world. I love sunflowers so I'm going to check out your 10-10-10.
Now I'm thinking, what's the next thing to come along here, something for Christmas? Any brilliant ideas David? I love challenges! lol
Cheers to both of you, have a wonderful evening!
Very clever Darlene. I like them both.
ReplyDeleteThank you Scott and I'm still wowed by the treat of seeing your 10 sunsets!
ReplyDeleteIt certainly was a great challenge that David set.
ReplyDeleteHope the paint tins didn't fall, before you'd finished. ;)
Holdingmoments, nope it didn't fall although it sure looks like it could have at any given moment! Some of the cans are nearly empty and the lids are on tight so even if they would have toppled over, no big deal. I thought that my dog was going to wipe them out for a few minutes there, she's such a brat but I love her just the same! Have an awesome day and thanks for popping in! Oh, and yes it was a great challenge, I loved seeing what everyone came up with, now I'm wondering what the next challenge might be, maybe something Christmassy? :-) Ten favorites of Christmas? hmmmm
ReplyDelete10-10-10 was a bit of a let-down. I was waiting for one of those seminal moments at 10:10 am, but the minute hand just kept going.
ReplyDeleteI thought that maybe one of the following would happen:
(1) Aliens would land in my front yard and ask me to take them to my leader, I'd oblige them and they'd haul Obama back onto their space ship and leave.
(2) Shania Twain would knock on the door, profess undying love and would make passionate love with me.
(3) The sun would turn green. I know that's unlikely in this universe since there are no green stars - but I still thought it would be cool and fitting for 10-10-10-10:10.
LL ya,what's up with that, 10:10am came and went, so did 10:10pm and nothing! We were ripped off. Here I personally think that you would make a fantastic alien leader, that Shania doesn't know what a wonderful man she's missing out on and the sunsets I shoot photos of will still be golden orange or pink, a green sunset would have looked funny anyways. So the same old, same old today but nonetheless I am grateful sometimes for the same old, it's like my favorite pair of slippers, warm and welcoming!
ReplyDeleteGreat post for 10-10-10. Nice to catch a glimpse into your busy life! That's quite a variety of ready material!
ReplyDeleteThank you Karen. The variety of reading material is due to I'm studying in the BSW (Bachelor of Social Work) program and the material is quite interesting. The dummies books are for whenever I can make or take time to browse through for my photos and the small book "Riding the Dragon", well that's my little inspirational book which I find to be an awesome read!
ReplyDeleteHave a fantastic day/evening!