Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Grandmothers Prerogative


Tonight was a special night for me, I spent some time with my granddaughter and had the pleasure of tucking her in. I learned tonight that at 5 months old she doesn't need any help, she tucks herself in! I had to laugh, she kept on covering herself up, blankets over her head and was turning bedtime into play time with me. She won, after about 15 minutes of this game and her precious smiles I picked her back up and held her until Mommy and Daddy returned home.... a Grandmothers prerogative.

10 comments:

  1. Even though I am not a Granny yet I agree with you. Look at those beautiful eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet little punkin.
    i always loved bedtime for my babies~
    laying them down.
    watching them sleep.

    very precious memories.


    my water photo is just sooc. i don't know how to lay them upon each other yet. i need to go read scott's entry closer.

    i just played with the shutterspeed until it made the water look the way i wanted.

    it was my first time to do this.
    and it made me very happy.
    :)

    have a wonderful day sweetie!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Davine I believe that when we become a grandparent, or this one anyways, we lose the ability to say a very simple word, NO! :-) Thank you, I hope you're having a wonderful day way over across the pond!

    Chas, bedtime was generally a job when I was younger, the bath, the changing, etc. made it such a chore. Today it's an honor to be able to put my granddaughter down for her much needed rest. Well last night it was sheer fun to play her little game with her and you bet she won, she won my heart! :-)

    That's an astounding photo, I'm going to have to try playing around more with different settings when time permits, I'm on a 2 year (less a day) mission! Thank you and I hope your day is fantastic as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie Darlene - I can see why she 'won' ! Isn't it amazing how those little things that seemed to matter so much when we were parents magically don't matter much once we become grandparents ! That's why 'no' disappears from our vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely story and you are right it does not hurt every now and then.

    Lovely photograph and story, made me smile even more.

    Si

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rick, do you read minds as well? I was typing something along those exact lines, how "no' slips away from grandparents and how bed times can be extended. Then I deleted all that I wrote and changed things up, you read the ink ribbon right? lol Near, dear and precious to our hearts, that's our grandbabies!

    So, thank you and no it sure doesn't hurt the little ones by no means, after all it's our jobs as grandparents to mix things up a bit in their young lives! :-) I just got another photo idea... thanks Si!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Si, I'm laughing here, but I'm so sorry, that was a typo for sure but I guess that I've renamed you now... "So" instead of Si... LOL! These early mornings... I tell ya! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol too funny! I love an early morning laugh, it sets the pace for an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is beautiful. I cant wait to see this little one grow.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.