Today was another gorgeous day, although the late evenings and early mornings are cool the days seem to be exceptionally warm for this time of year and I'm enjoying
this immensely.
I see that to capture a sunset I have to be watching somewhere between 6pm and 7:30pm or I'll miss it. I snapped this photo on my way out to spend time with my granddaughter while mommy and daddy went to prepare for her Christening next Sunday, it was around 6pm and the sun was slowly slipping away.
"Even if something is left undone, everyone must take the time to sit still and watch the leaves turn."
- Elizabeth Lawrence
Lovely shot Darlene - I like how the sun's rays are just peeking through at the bottom right. I find that sometimes the best shots to be had are taken with the sun behind or a little to the side of the subject - at the right time of day, of course. I read that the west has had some beautiful warm weather recently - great time to enjoy the outdoors - before the nasty stuff arrives !
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful Wednesday !
Love that quote!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your beautiful capture!
Love the capture and quote, autumn is certainly upon us.
ReplyDeleteSi x
Thank you Rick. It has been absolutely wonderful weather we've been having, tomorrow it's supposed to get up to 22c. I'd love the opportunity to get outdoors, it seems I'm in one door and out another but that's the life of a student. Approximately 20 more months of this and then it's time to get out to work. I need a break from school! The bonus, time flies so it's going to go fast. Have a wonderful evening Rick.
ReplyDeleteThank you Dawn, you sure take some fantastic shots yourself! Hope your having a wonderful week!
Thanks So... lol just kidding Si! Monday's just around the corner, one more weekend and now you can tour the countryside and get us some of your fantastic country photos before you have to get back to work. ;-) Cheers!
Just been catching up with all your recent posts Darlin.
ReplyDeleteLooks like I've missed quite a few.
You have a beautiful grandaughter, Abbie is a cutie aswell. I've also started trying to capture sunsets, yours is stunning.
Baking! You put me to shame! lol
A lovely photo with the leaves. Enjoy the rest of your week Darlin.
Hi Shirleyanne, thank you. I love the sunsets, it's unfortunate that we're having much shorter days already, I don't think that I'll get in many sunset shots in the winter but maybe this is what makes them all that much more special. I think that sometimes we appreciate things much more when we don't have them all the time.
ReplyDeleteDid you do any canning this year? I got to a few things but not as much as I would liked to have done but there's always next year.
Have yourself a fantastic evening and nice to see you again!