Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Saturday, October 9, 2010

I Found It!


Tonight I went out to pick up a few groceries to start preparing for Thanksgiving dinner which I'm hosting on Monday. When I was leaving the grocery story I found it... I found the Pumpkin Patch! It's a good thing that I had my camera with me, otherwise nobody might believe me. :-)

9 comments:

  1. One of the things (among many) that I miss from living in Toronto & New York is carving out the pumpkin and preparing everything for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks God that you found it, I was worried :-D

    Charlie Brown and Snoopy (Peauts) bring back memories ;-)

    Greetz,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my kids were little, one of our family traditions involved a pilgrimage to the pumpkin patch. Each of us picked and subsequently carved pumpkins that ended up on the porch to 'scare' trick-or-treaters on Halloween night. I miss that, but the promise of grandchildren may bring it back again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Davine, you don't have pumpkins there or is there even Halloween? I'd mail you a pumpkin but I don't think that it's survive the 3 month journey. :-)

    Joseph, Snoopy was my childhood favorite... even in adulthood I still love Snoopy. My "inner child" likes to have fun still. :-)

    LL I also miss carving pumpkins, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, decorating sugar cookies and all those other things I used to do with my children and I too am looking forward to when my granddaughter is old enough to start it all over again. I'll be able to experience my second childhood and do crazy things and be able to justify it! Ah, snow angels just popped into my head but that'll have to wait for another year or two. For some odd reason I don't think that my son would be too pleased with me if I put his daughter in the snow this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving Darlin.

    Si xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ever so much LL and Si, there's so much in my life to be thankful for and not only today but each and everyday throughout the year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shot brings back many memories of our own pumpkin patch. We were lucky to live right on the outskirts of town where my parents rented an old home on several acres of fertile land. We kids each had our own little garden plot to grow a few veggies but we also grew our own pumpkins ! We could hardly wait to pick the biggest ones and carve them for Halloween (and save the seeds for next year, of course !).

    Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so awesome to have such fond memories Rick, I think that next year I'm going to have to plant pumpkins out at the farm so my granddaughter can come and pick out her own and her daddy and mommy can help her carve it. Thanks for the idea to start up a patch and memories yet to come for Elyssa!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.