Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Friday, October 1, 2010

The Beautiful Country

I drove out to the farm and along the way I snapped a lot of photos, once I arrived here there was so much more to take pictures of. Once again I can't narrow it down to one photo so here's some of my favorite ones from today.

The Athabasca River in the Fall 

 This one's for you Sherry, the heart tree in autumn.


A few more "new" vehicles. I'm going to have to ask if he buys these just to have me take photos of them! They do make for a nice photo though. 


And last but not least, the farm, a shot from the patio. 

 I didn't even notice the deer until I was browsing through the photos, I was looking at the big picture, engulfed in the beauty, and forgot about the smaller picture. If you enlarge this photo it's much easier to see the deer.

And I'll leave you with this quote:

"Believe in yourself, your neighbors, your work, your ultimate attainment of more complete happiness. It is only the farmer who faithfully plants seeds in the Spring, who reaps a harvest in Autumn."
- B. C. Forbes



7 comments:

  1. "Home is where the heart is..." You are amazing. Thanks! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome Sherry. I thought of you when I revisited my heart tree...I'm taking ownership of this tree, it's mine now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky to live amongst such beautiful landscapes and such interesting subjects like abandoned cars and vans. I'm green with envy.

    Si

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I'm not the only one who discovers critters in the shot while editing! Looks like my kind of country. I love rural living!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Si, I am blessed to have the farm to come out to whenever I choose to come out or when time permits. I'd love to live out here again but for now my life is in the city. We are extremely blessed in Canada to have wide open spaces and plenty of them! Your whole country is about as big as the province I live in, I was shocked when I heard or read that!

    Rocket, there's nothing better in this whole wide world than country life. My heart is here but a piece is in the city where my children, my granddaughter and my education is. Where are you from?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The deer are making that photo just perfect. You're doing a great job! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Maria for stopping by my blog and for the lovely comment. I'm going to stop by your blog here but it's going to have to be tomorrow, it's late here and I have an early morning. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.