Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunset Sunday


"It is almost impossible to watch a sunset and not dream."
Bern Williams
Right on, my photo isn't sideways, it's all good in my corner of the world today! I shot this photo last night, the skies were amazing after our magnificent day, I'm not wanting to go home... but I will.

A special thanks goes out to Scott for inspiring my Sunset Sunday shots. If you haven't checked out his site as of yet, I suggest you do, there's some wicked shots over there!

14 comments:

  1. I'd say it is impossible to watch a sun set or sun raise and not dream. The most prefect times of the day. Your photograph is very beautiful and I want to dream just looking at it.

    Glad you had a good weekend, I hope your week is just as good.

    Si

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a beautiful photograph. I really love sunsets, too, and sunsets in autumn are the most beautiful of all, I think. I'll be sure to check out Scott's site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Si, thank you ever so much. My favorite times of the day are watching the sunrise and the sunset, the in-between is all a bonus! :-)

    Cheryl, thank you as well. Scott does some magnificent things to his photos, he's the one who I first was inspired to start Sunset Sunday photos. It's such an awesome way to start or end my Sunday, the photo can be any sunset, taken anyplace and anytime. I am learning so much about taking various types of photos through things such as this and I love it!

    Now 10/10/10 is just around the corner, hmmmm I'm thinking what I can do with that one!

    Wishing you both a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very beautiful Darlin. I love it. I dont think you could get the love of the land out of me and its seems the same for you.
    I wonder how close we live to each other in Alberta.
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like an African sunset to me - You know, smilar to that in THE LION KING!

    Did you happen to see Pumbaa and Timon anywhere near you, by any chance?

    Hakuna Matata,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, you must have missed my response to you, I gave you my email address which is darlin4321@hotmail.com. Email me k? And thanks for the compliment. I live in Edmonton most of the time and near Fort Assiniboine whenever I can sneak away. :-)

    Joseph, only the deer and I've heard that there's bears out there now as well but unfortunately I haven't seen any, I'd love to get a shot of that! I hear the coyotes at night, even thought that would make a wonderful photo... nope, I'm not going out in the dark trying to get that one! Hakuna Matata to you as well my friend!

    Thank you Pam, if for no other reason I don't want to go home it's due to the moments such as this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That will work too :-D

    Greetz,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fine shot, Darlin! I originally found my way here from Scott's page, which I found through a comment on Lisa's page, and you're right about Sunset Sunday. Now, if the sun would just come out here so I could catch a few sunsets......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joseph, right about now anything works! lol

    Rocket, I tried to find you here, do you have a photo blog going as well? If you do can you send me the link please, I'd like to check out your corner of the world. And thank you for the compliment on my photo, it's Mother Nature that really gets the credit for giving me such wonderful scenery to take photos of! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Darlene, I really like this one! There must be a lot of delighted sailors out there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shot Darlene - and I really like how you composed it and framed it !

    Sounds like your weekend was good - may the week be also !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Scott, thank you very much. I don't know about those sailors, haven't seen any in a very long time, but I'm sure delighted! ;-)

    Thank you as well Rick, it's been a wonderful weekend, lots of farm work cleaning out the garden, but that doesn't really count as work.

    And may you also have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a beautiful sunset - i notice you have name stamped your photo - I should really work how to do that.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.