Through a Project 365 challenge I started taking a photo a day quite some time ago and posting it on this blog, I started to see the world differently and wanted to see if I could capture what I was seeing. Then life got busy and I put the camera and blog aside and today I take my Canon with me from time to time, and now that I think of it I miss taking photos on a regular basis. Glad to be back, it won't always be the DSLR shots, but nonetheless, here I go again!
Perspective
Why I love photography
Friday, October 8, 2010
Safety Meeting
City employees safety meeting which goes like this... NOBODY MOVE AND NOBODY GETS HURT! That'll keep them all safe alright!
Si, there was 8 of them and nobody was working. I generally see at least one of the young ones doing something but not this time. I wonder how they justify their actions.
I used to work for the US Navy as a civilian department head. Our safety meeting followed the same general theory augmented with "Don't touch nothin'!"
The key thing, you see, is that they all appear to be happy ! And don't we all want our government workers to be happy ? I'm sure it was a government employee who wrote that song "Don't Work, Be Happy !".
My brother and a friend of his worked one summer for a municipal works department but got bored with playing catch on country side roads eventually and got real jobs.
It always gives me a warm all-over feeling seeing my tax dollars 'at work'.
Hehe....I see safety meetings around here all the time;))
ReplyDeleteHappy weekend to you!
Dawn, maybe we should apply for jobs! ;-)
ReplyDeleteNa that is a typical government work force, 5 workmen standing around watching one do the work lol.
ReplyDeleteSi
And when they return home in the evening, they show that they are soo tired, unemotional, red eye-ed and slow. Hard workers)))
ReplyDeleteSi, there was 8 of them and nobody was working. I generally see at least one of the young ones doing something but not this time. I wonder how they justify their actions.
ReplyDeleteIrina, the poor hardworking boys! lol
I used to work for the US Navy as a civilian department head. Our safety meeting followed the same general theory augmented with "Don't touch nothin'!"
ReplyDeleteLOL Rocket! Hope you're having a fantastic weekend!
ReplyDeleteThey don't have shovels to lean on?
ReplyDeleteHas the budget been cut?
The key thing, you see, is that they all appear to be happy ! And don't we all want our government workers to be happy ? I'm sure it was a government employee who wrote that song "Don't Work, Be Happy !".
ReplyDeleteMy brother and a friend of his worked one summer for a municipal works department but got bored with playing catch on country side roads eventually and got real jobs.
It always gives me a warm all-over feeling seeing my tax dollars 'at work'.