Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Yellow


On my way home it was nice to see these yellow flowers beautifying the sidewalk, it's amazing how a little bit of color in my world can put a smile on my face. I googled the color yellow and here are some interesting ideas (facts?) about this beautiful color:

"Yellow shines with optimism, enlightenment, and happiness. Shades of golden yellow carry the promise of a positive future. Yellow will advance from surrounding colors and instill optimism and energy, as well as spark creative thoughts. 
How the color yellow affects us physically
Stimulates mental process
Stimulates the nervous system
Activates memory
Encourages communication"
Well color my world golden yellow, whenever I go to write another exam I'm bringing yellow flowers with me!

13 comments:

  1. But if you call a guy, "Yellow!" that's not so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooooo, not a good thing to do! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought Yellow was the color of envy!!!

    Anyways, your picture also beautified my day ;-)

    Greetz,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joseph, green is the color of envy. Maybe something has been lost in transition over the miles because it's green here! :-)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yellow seems to match your personality too! Thanks for the cheer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. True true, I got things mixed up here, "Green of Envy" people usually say!

    But yellow, wasn't it "perhaps" for jealousy?

    LOL - :-D

    Greetz,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, colour me yellow too ! That was my favourite colour as a kid - whenever we played a game with coloured pieces, I always wanted the yellow one !

    Lovely mums ! Nice colour too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Janell, I love the color yellow, it's such a warm color but I sure wouldn't want to paint my house in yellows! Yellow flowers, some shades of yellow clothing but not yellow walls.

    Joseph, yellow is for sunshine... period, just sunshine! lol

    Rick what's your favorite color now? I'd always go for the yellow as well, blue was boring, HAD to be yellow, especially when we played Sorry, then it was 4 yellows. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely capture and I agree the smallest things can make us happy.

    Si

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok Ok Ok, I give up :-D

    Can't win . . . LOL ;-)

    Greetz,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  11. Smart man you are my blogger friend, smart man! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Si, thank you! I hope your day is well and just think, only one more day and a weekend off. You do get weekends off do you not?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think I have a favourite now - I've broadened my (colour) horizons ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.