What a fantastic night! When we arrived we went down to where the Oilers went onto and off of the ice. This photo was taken just outside of their dressing room. Directly behind me are the doors to their dressing room, what I would have given to go back into that room!
The lights went low, the music blared and the derrick was lowered. The Oilers skate through this derrick before every home game. My son was telling me that during playoffs they have flames shooting from the top, I'd love to see that one day!
A quick chat with the big guy upstairs before the game?
Game on! The game started out with Gagne taking a 2 minute penalty for goalkeeper interference only 53 seconds into the game. That was nothing to worry about, Eberle scored 1:22 into the game. We were up one goal and the game looked good. This was all within just over a minute into the game!
To make a long game short, the final score was 6 - 1 and not for us.
I really enjoyed the game, it was such a treat to get out and the seats were, well plain out awesome!
The "date" I had was with my oldest son Shayne. Words alone can't express how I felt when he dropped me off at home last night, that 'boy' of mine has made me one proud mama. He is such an amazing young man, and I love him dearly.
Shayne, we're going to have to do this again sometime... your treat? ;-) Thank you so much for the wonderful evening, my only complaint is that our time spent together went way to fast!
Now that's die hard Oilers fans, even after the slaughter we can still smile. Why you might ask... just cause we love our Oilers that much!





Fancy fancy, nice curly hair and meeting one of the players, that must have been very cool :-)
ReplyDeleteNice game pics, by the way ;-)
Greetz,
Joseph
Joseph, I didn't meet any of the players, only wish that I did! The curly hair is natural, I was going to straighten it but changed my mind, it's a lot of work to do that. But thank you.
ReplyDeleteI am surprised at how well the photos came out of the game considering it was only the point and shoot which they allow into the game!
I hope you're enjoying your Sunday! Cheers!
You look great. And I am so glad you have happy days, enjoying every minute of the life. Great reminder for me to do the same))
ReplyDeleteThat is your SON, oh my god, how embarrassing LOL
ReplyDeleteBut accusing him of being a hockey player is actually a cool thing :-D
Greetz,
Joseph
Im just smiling back at you . Your one lucky lady and you look so very good .
ReplyDeleteGlad you went and had so much fun.
xo
Glad you had a great evening. I know what you mean when you talk about how proud you are of your son. I never tire of bragging about our daughter. She's a remarkable young lady.
ReplyDeleteIrina, thank you ever so much for your kind words. I feel that life is way to short and the time which I am blessed with is to be enjoyed. We each have choices and I think that if more of us chose to see the positive in life and be grateful for them that the world would be a much nicer place to live. :-)
ReplyDeleteJoseph, you make me laugh! I'm sure that my son will find this amusing and get a smile or a chuckle out of it as well! You bet that it'd be a cool thing to be a hockey player, especially an Edmonton Oiler with the fans we have here! lol Cheers!
Lisa thank you very much, I can feel your positive energies from here and I love it! You are also a beautiful lady and that smile of yours I bet could light up the darkest of days/nights!
Rocket that's wonderful that you have a daughter who makes your proud! How old is your daughter?
What a great event - what a splendid evening.
ReplyDeleteGlad that I can make you both chuckle!
ReplyDeleteWhat would life be if we can not laugh about ourselves :-D
Greetz,
Joseph
What a wonderful date!!
ReplyDeleteCatchin' up (seems to be my middle name). Great post and photos of the game ! And who cares what the score is when you have a great date, great seats ... AND they were free ! Been a while since I saw an NHL game (phew - 500 bucks !).
ReplyDeleteHave a great week Darlene !
LL I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat, it was such a wonderful evening.
ReplyDeleteJospeh, so true! Laughter really is the best medicine for all which ails you and thank you for the chuckles!
Pam, I couldn't have asked for a better date. I find that as the days, months and years slip away that I don't make the one on one time with my children which is a shame, even if they're adults I feel that some good old one on one time with mom is good for not only me but them as well. I'm now aware of this and intend to do something about it.
Rick, I'm taking over your title of catching up today! lol Thanks for the compliments and ya $500 for one game is insane. Even the stand up nosebleed seats are now $40 or $50, I'd rather watch the game on my large screen tv and see what's happening then be way up there, at least I'd be able to see what was happening that way. The entire evening was so awesome, it's moments in life like this which make every negative moment I've ever had in my life disappear!
Just catching up on your posts...this looks like an awesome night and your pics are terrific! What a handsome son you have!
ReplyDeleteThanks Cheryl, I'll mention to my son that you complimented him... that should get a blush out of him! :-)
ReplyDelete