I have so much in my life to be grateful for and today did nothing but add to my list of blessings. We had a fantastic dinner...the carrot cake was a big hit and the kids left happy, they take home leftovers which I always ensure are abundant.
I was surrounded by people I love and my little princess is one of my special blessings. I am extremely thankful that I have tons of love in my life.
I think that it's fair to say that we all had a fabulous day and in speaking for myself this is exactly what I feel like right now...
We're not too used to having company and Abbie is worn right out tonight!
On that note it's time to get to bed, tomorrow it's back to class and the same old routine. ...'Nite.
Oh your meal looks delicious.... and SHE is ADORABLE!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a wonderful time...
Happy day to you as you get back to your routine:)
now...if we can make it til Christmas;)
The food looks both traditional and tasty!
ReplyDeleteAnd I can see who you're very thankful for. Grandchildren do that to you, don't they?
Happy Thanksgiving - may we all remain circumspect and thankful every day and suck the marrow out of life. Each day well-lived is a blessing to ourselves and to everyone we come in contact with.
Sounds and looks like you had as wonderful a Thanksgiving as we did. So great to have family around - kids, grandkids, dogs (we had 5 of them since our kids also all have dogs !) - great meals, stories and laughs and romping around ! Then the lingering goodbyes as some of them make the 4-5 hour trek back home. And we'll do it all over again in a few months for Christmas !
ReplyDeleteYes - you, we - we're all blessed.
ps - we looked like Abbie too at the end of the day. but it was worth it !
Great post Darlene !
Excellent post and photographs, I love the last two and poor old Abbie. So glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, good food and good company. Well done you.
ReplyDeleteSi
Happy Thanksgiving a day late. The photos really capture the day.
ReplyDeleteFor some reason I'm suddenly in the mood for a big holiday feast and our Thanksgiving is still more than a moth away!
ReplyDeleteThat last picture has me laughing. Pretty much sums up that good kind of worn out feeling. Thanks for sharing your day. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Dawn, yes now to make it 'til Christmas. That's going to be here in a heartbeat, it's insane that stores are already putting out Christmas stuff... like seriously wait until after Halloween at least!
ReplyDeleteLL thanks for your comments, you have your own unique way with words which makes you.... well unique! And yes, it's quite the feelings which surface when a grandchild is in the grandparents loving arms, nothing like it in the whole wide world!
Rick 5 dogs sure would add to the excitement of a family get together, one here was enough for this small house but there sure were some cute moments. I'm blessed that my 3 children are all in the same city so it's close enough to do these get togethers on a regular basis. We've started up a new tradition, dinner at least once a month and we all are committed to doing this. Life passes by way to quickly, it's time to stop and enjoy what we are all blessed with!
Si, thank you. It was an awesome way to spend a holiday that's for sure!
Janell, thank you... a day late is better than not at all! ;-)
Rocket, take and cook up a big old bird anyways. Turkeys can be cooked any ole time of the year and often taste much better when it's not a holiday! I did up a ham because it was only 2 weeks ago I had the kids over for a dinner and I did the turkey up then and it sure tasted good without a holiday attached to it. :-)
Sherry, thanks for stopping in. I was laughing when I seen that photo of my puppy who was worn right out after an afternoon of company, it suited exactly how I felt last night!
Cheers and a good day to all!
What a little sweet heart.. looks like you had a lovely Thanksgiving.. really like your last photo of you pup.. he/she does look pretty tuckered out..
ReplyDeletethank you for your nice comment on my 10/10/10 post..
hope your day is soft and kind..
nice meeting you btw.. lovely blog you have..
Thank you Hope, I love doing this project 365 even if sometimes I post more than one photo a day! My granddaughter is so precious and a gift straight from heaven above, I'm sure that she's a little angel! :-) Have a fantastic day/evening and thanks for stopping in here, you're welcome to come back any time you'd like and next time let me know you're coming and I'll put on the tea!
ReplyDelete