Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Monday, October 25, 2010

Water, Water Everywhere


Arrrrrgh! I knew that the hot water tank needed replacing and had it in mind to call someone to come and do it later this week or next week... the tank pushed up my plans a tad bit. I didn't notice the water in the basement until I went down to put some clothes in the dryer at about 11:00pm, I was up until 5am trying to clean up the water and seen I was fighting a losing battle. I never knew where the water main was to shut off the water and trust me now I know. 

I find it odd that when houses are built that there is the floor drain but why in heck are they not sloped enough for the water to run down them? Would this make to much sense? 

What a mess, but oh well, the floor needed a good washing anyways I suppose.  Now it's going to be fun to replace the drywall which was saturated, let the games commence!

8 comments:

  1. That is exactly what my basement looked like last year. Not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, no fun at all. At least not too much was ruined but there's going to be the work now of getting the drywall replaced. Never a dull moment that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But you found the upside Darlene - the floor got a good washing !! ;-) Oh, AND you learned where the main shutoff valve is for the water - always a good thing to know !

    Likely everyone has had a similar experience - we had the same thing happen a while after we bought our first house, and didn't have money for 'extras' - like replacing a leaking water heater ! But we muddled through, so to speak.

    Hope the rest of your week is going better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thing that it only flooded and not hailed!!!

    Darlene, have you been mischievous lately?
    You know God answers with Floods and Hails . . . :-D

    Greetz,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rick, yup it is always a good thing to know... now watch, I'll never need to shut the water off! lol Oh my goodness, I hope that in your younger days that you didn't have to muddle through the water for too long, after 2 days my feet were frozen and water logged, ya I know I should have had rubber boots on but I don't have any here... note to self, buy rubber boots with umbrellas on them! :-) The week will improve, it'll end! ;-) Thanks Rick.

    Joseph, me mischievous? I hardly think so! ;-) I might get mischievous this weekend while the tank is under warranty though, I'll be safe that way! lol Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it is still under warranty, then go get them . . . LOL

    Greetz,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joseph, next question before I head out here for the day... where do I find "them"? lol

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.