Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Christmas Come Early


I love Christmas lights, the way they light up the streets and put joy and happiness in the air... but in October? What the heck is up with this, we're not even passed Halloween yet... slow down world, just slow down!

12 comments:

  1. Christmas lights already?
    Man, the year passed by pretty fast!
    Sometimes I have the feeling that the days are long but the years are darn faaast!

    Nice lights by the way! Did you use your new tripod for that?

    Greetz,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Christmas junk showed up in Costco in August.

    I understand retailers trying to take early advantage of what will prove to be another slow selling season in the US and Canada, but they guild the lilly when they do so.

    I'm looking for Christmas stuff to start right after Easter in 2011. (not really, but you get my point)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joseph, I must admit that the year did go fast but not as fast as it being time for Christmas yet! We still have over 2 months to get there. I didn't use my tripod, it's still new in the box to be honest. I was on my way to a comedy show, stopped at a red light downtown and noticed the Christmas lights. I love the way that this photo turned out especially being shot with my P&S, shhhh don't tell anyone... our little secret! :-) Cheers!

    LL Christmas has become by far to commercialized, August is insane to be putting out the decorations, etc. I love Christmas and wish that the spirit of Christmas would last the whole year through but unfortunately it doesn't, the early shopping just stresses people who have no money I think and it's just not proper. Let me know if you find any good Christmas ideas at Easter k?

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!
    P&S and no tripod, that is one TACK SHARP photo ;-)

    I must admit, I like christmas lighting and the atmosphere in general :-)
    But, AUGUS? Too early, toooooo early . . .
    8 weeks more to go!

    Greetz,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not surprised. In these parts I expect it won't be long before we see Christmas lights. Of course, some folks leave them on the house year round so.........

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you Darlene !

    I have a couple of other pet peeves while we're discussing Christmas-related pet peeves: the one concerns so-called 'holiday cards' - pray tell, what HOLIDAY are we talking about here ? A generic one ?? It's CHRISTmas for goodness' sakes - has been for hundreds of years so get over it !!

    The second concerns the endless playing of muzak 'holiday' (see pet peeve #1) carols in stores - like elevator muzak. If that's supposed to put me in the 'holiday' spirit it has the opposite effect - I can't wait to get out of there !

    Sorry (not really) about the rant. Nice photo btw - re-post in Dec. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joseph you weren't supposed to tell anyone! lol Thanks for the compliment, it was one of those photos that just happened... you know the kind right?

    Rick I totally hear you, they take the Christ out of Christmas, out of schools and out of society and look at the mess we're in right now. No respect from the children, violence has erupted, domestic violence, addictions, and so on and so on are all transpiring now. The world is going insane, put Christ back into our society and see what happens next... I'd say it's be an extremely positive move!

    And yes, the blaring stupid songs, what's up with that, I'M NOT DEAF, as a 14 year old girl saunters up to the counter to take my cash and she can't even count back change without the assistance of a computer! Grrrrr... yup got me going it did but I'm sure that I'll still be able to sleep tonight! lol

    Thank you for the compliment and I'll find some fantastic shots of Christmas lights... in December! My sons house will be one of them, he's like the Grizwalds at Christmas and I love it!

    ... now back to my regular scheduled program! lol

    Have a fantastic Friday guys! See you tomorrow night the good Lord willing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rocket, there's a few here that leave their lights up year round as well, not businesses though. I haven't seen any lights on in the summer months but I'm sure that there's some out there who try to hang onto the spirit of Christmas year long. I'm too cheap to do that, being a "starving student" I'm all about conserving energy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The shops try to introduce Christmas far too early!!! Very off putting & really takes away the true meaning of Christmas. We should be allowed to enjoy the occasion properly, rather than bombarded by sales!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shirleyanne I couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your statement about putting back christ and religion in general is very true, but well . . . Religion ist NOT cool . . . Insanity IS cooler :-/

    Weird world we are living in . . . All the values of our parents and grandparents are crushed to dust NOW . . . Because THAT is politically correct . . .

    Greetz,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.