Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Aboriginal Art


While stopping off at one of the offices at the college today I spotted this magnificent piece of art. I love the vibrant colors and would like to commend the artist for a job well done! (I added the black border for posting this wonderful art.)  I just never know what's around the corner at my college, I just know that I'd best discover all that I can with only a few short months left at this college. Mind you I can always go back to visit on occasion, camera in hand!

13 comments:

  1. Somebody with access to paint and canvas has been chewing peyote...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LL we don't have that stuff here. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that if fabulous - I would love to know the meaning. It looks like buffalo on the hot plains and duck in the cool water. It is so different but still bright colours like our Australian Aboriginal (now called Koori) art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whats Peyote?

    Very Vibrant art... I'd also like to know if theres a meaning.. if your aware..
    Very cool, can't say I've seen any Canadian Indigenous Art, except the totem poles which are pretty awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll ask at the college what the meaning is behind the art. Once I have the information I'll leave it here.

    A'isha Peyote is a drug, in legend Aboriginal people smoked what is known as a peace pipe and as legend has it drugs were put into the pipe. There were many treaties signed and the deal was solidified with passing around the pipe, treaties which were never honored. There's way to much history to even begin stating it all here. If you'd like to email me A'isha I'll send you more photos of this type of art, and as I take photos I'll also see if I can find out what the meaning is behind the art. My email is darlin4321@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats one awesome piece of arts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forgot to mention that this shot was my followers shot of the day and is found under my shot of the day on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In the US, Peyote is legal to use on Indian Reservations as part of sweat lodge ceremonies. Chemically it's very close to LSD. They also chew Jimson Weed and other similar plants that provide a dreamscape.

    I still maintain that the artist had access to native North American dream aids...

    ReplyDelete
  9. LL I don't believe that it's legal here but I'm going to find out, now I'm curious.

    Thank you M. Muchly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colours are stunning and you did a great job capturing them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Rick. Hope you have a fantastic weekend... hey if you get bored you want to write me an essay? lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know how we'd do that up here in Canada, right ? -> S, eh! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do tell Rick! lol totally eh! :-0

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.