Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Monday, March 1, 2010

Lights Are On...


I was driving by these city lights today and managed to capture this shot. I got to wondering, does the city leave a few lights on all the time or were they just coming on?  

It was a beautiful sunshiny day, I believe we reached +7c which is wonderful for this time of year. The old saying goes though "In like a lamb, out like a lion," so I don't think that I'm going to put away my winter gear just yet.

I just had a thought... me and my thoughts.  While I was viewing my photos from today I noticed that these lights are pretty darn clean. I know that when I wash my car it seems to attract bird droppings so this leaves me to wonder now if the birds avoid city lights or if the city spends thousands of dollars in keeping the lights clean? I have never seen anyone cleaning them but yet somehow there's no dirt or anything on the lights. Interesting... in my mind anyways.

6 comments:

  1. Maybe the round shape of the lights causes the bird poop to slide off on your car. I like the shot. It's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very rare indeed, but I guess the company that's next to it takes the cleaning of that particular light into consideration (my theory)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shot - very nice light (no pun intended) and well composed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL POD, never quite thought of that!

    Thank you Rick, welcome to my blog... welcome to my corner of the world.

    M. if I ever figure it out I'll let you know. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. The round lights, the angular lines of the building!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Pam, one of my "drive by shootings" which I'd best stop doing well unless I'm stopped at a red light.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.