Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Mistaken Identity


Today I spent the afternoon with my middle son, one of our stops was at the Registries where he was going to renew his license. I was waiting in the car and my sons girlfriend came out to explain to me what was going on, Derek had to call long distance due to an unresolved incident of a seat belt infraction, the problem was the ticket was issued in Medicine Hat and he's never been there.

To make a long story short, there is another man out there with the same birthday, the same name and the same middle initial, thankfully the middle name is different. The problem of mistaken identity couldn't be rectified today and I sure in the heck hope the government doesn't take too long in resolving this. 

I feel it is so pathetic when the government makes a mistake, one careless person on the other end types in the wrong information about an individual and it's going to take God only knows how long to rectify this. When the government wants something it's yesterday, when they make a mistake it's five years later it's rectified without so much as an apology. Gotta just love the government (insert sarcasm font here).

14 comments:

  1. It's YOUR fault for giving him a name that's not completely unique.

    He can fix that and I have a humble suggestion: OZNOD HARRY POTTER WIZARD.

    Name changes can be made at the local court for a nominal amount. You can call Derek, OZ now. His full name would be Oz Wizard. I suggest to you that it will eliminate any further confusion.

    You can thank me later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate GOVERNMENTS! I hope they rectify it soon. Had the same problem in the past in Lebanon and it took years before it was rectified and cause me lots of problems going in and out of Lebanon.

    Now, I'm also trying to rectify my date of birth which was entered incorrectly. In Arabic, the number seven is written as a "v" in English and the number eight is "v" upside down. The person who entered my date of birth, entered "1970" instead of "1980" and its been almost 10 years since I started the correcting process.

    My plans is to give up the process when I get the dutch nationality next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LL blame the mother, sure, that works. I'll run this by Derek... er... OZ and see how he likes his new name. I don't think that it will fare to well, he thanked me yesterday for not calling him Dudley when we were chatting about names, then again OZ has a certain ring to it but the name must be capitalized.

    M. that's unfortunate, just stick with that date, you will live ten years longer! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the 1970 date, will make me 10 years older ;) Can't stick with that... good for my pension if I were to have one in Lebanon ;), but I'm not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I realize this M. So if you are actually 90 and your ID says your 100, you've hypothetically lived 10 years longer! lol

    Have a great day M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oznod is a great suggestion for a name. Slightly sinister photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Faults happen, Police are only HUMANS :-/
    Anyways, I know he is innocent :-D

    And it will soon be rectified,
    if not then you go there with a rolling pin :-D :-D :-D

    Greetz,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  8. POD naturally you'd like the name OZnard, with a name like POD how can you not? :-)

    Joseph, I agree that police are humans but as humans with putting others names on the line I suggest that they insert proper information.

    You should see my rolling pin, that just gave me an idea for my photo of the day, thanks Joseph!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Regarding your Rolling Pin - Glad I could help :-D :-D :-D

    Greetz,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joseph, the day is still young, the rolling pin might have to wait for a rainy day. :-)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darlin, I will be here waiting for your Rolling Pin Shot Of The Day :-D

    Greetz,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll bet there are more people who have had similar issues with gov't than not! It took me over 7 months to get a passport renewed last time due to gov't errors *&^%^%$$%!! The snivel service motto - "we're not happy till you're not happy!"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sheeesh, that's crazy Rick. It gets frustrating when trying to get the government to correct anything that has been messed up, things which are not your fault to begin with... but try to be late paying your taxes!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.