Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Refinery Row


Today has been one hectic day. It began with a morning class, one which I had to do a presentation in, immediately after class I had to pick up my niece from her school for a few appointments. On our way to one appointment we ended up on the outskirts of Edmonton, there is this one road which has been called Refinery Row for as far back as I can remember. Needless to say there are refineries along this road. It is quite the sight to see, one that I would rather be out somewhere where there are not so many people but I imagine these were put up before this city grew to the size it now is. 

I've now finally ended my day. I had a paper to finish up to hand in tomorrow and this weekend it's a conference. The conference should be will be interesting, I'll meet tons of social workers and get to hear a variety of speakers. Thankfully this is for my own knowledge, I don't have to write a paper on any of it!

3 comments:

  1. I thought there would be pine trees around Edmonton, not oil cracking towers and sprawling pipes and machines. (bubble popped)

    However, it means that business is being conducted and that people are employed and making money...and paying taxes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great detail in this shot, and looks like you still have spring weather! Hopefully, with your hectic schedule, you still have time to enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LL there's plenty of trees throughout the city and on the outskirts, just not along refinery row.

    Business is still being conducted, it has been for many years and will continue to be for many more to come. And you bet people are paying taxes, it's just unfortunate that it's not the corporations, it's their employees.

    Thanks Rick. Today we had flurries but I can live with flurries vs. -40 and having to shovel my way to my car! The two presentations and that essay are in and tonight it's ME time! No homework, no nothing finally! Just me and my TV with not much of anything on, funny how that works.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.