I have been seeing a lot of flowers posted here on blogger and seeings we don't have any popping up as of yet I went and found some today... in the grocery store that is. I love flowers, the fresh scents and beauty astound me. My all time favorite, call me old fashioned, is the red rose.
Here in Alberta our provincial flower is the wild rose, when they are in bloom I shall take some photos and post them here, in the meantime grocery store flowers will have to suffice.

ohh I love flowers too...roses are just divine, I just love the colour and delicate freshness they just lift an environment, even if only a painting of them.
ReplyDeleteYears ago when i was building a house i chose tiles in the kitchen that were of the wild rose in relief, they were just lovely, and what person cant relate to a rose.
Hope the flowers start budding soon, it must be an awesome sight to see the first show of colour after an all white winter...
I love roses too, just wish more of the new varieties still had the beautiful smell of some of the old time roses.
ReplyDeleteHow lovely! My favorite too.
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday.
An amazing choice. I love roses too especially the red one ;)
ReplyDeleteThank you all.
ReplyDeleteDavine I wonder if some of the new flowers don't smell quite as sweet as they once did due to the ways they have messed around with the colors. I don't think that Mother Nature created blue roses (which I think look silly). I find when I have red roses in my home that I can still smell them the second I enter my house, the colored ones, not quite so much.
Happy Sunday to you as well Regina... to all of you! :-)
I LOVE wild roses. Also wild iris. Wild lilac too. Looking forward to the up-coming wild rose shots.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful roses :-) And a Sunshine Award is waiting for you here. :-)
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday!
Luize
Thank you Luize, that is very sweet!
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday to you as well. :-)
Lovely shot of some lovely flowers! I'll look forward to your wild rose photos (June ?). I lived just outside Calgary for 15 years and miss their scent. Also, if you can find a prairie crocus for me that would be a bonus.
ReplyDeleteThanks Rick. It will most likely around June when the roses are out and I will have time to wonder around the countryside and I'd love to see a crocus again as well. I'll keep my eyes open when I'm out wondering aimlessly in the country, camera in hand naturally!
ReplyDeleteRick whatever possessed you to leave God's country? :-) You can email me at darlin4321@hotmail.com if you'd like.
ReplyDelete